UAL Creative Hack
UAL Creative Hack is a creative hackathon, offering students and recent graduates the opportunity to work collaboratively to innovate, create and present their ideas to address social and environmental challenges and create positive change.
There will be £3,000 worth of prize money awarded to the most innovative ideas and teamwork.
The Creative Hack will take place in person, at 272 High Holborn, London WC1V 7EY over three days:
Monday 6 February 4-8pm
Tuesday 7 February 9.30am-5pm
Wednesday 8 February 9.30am-7pm
How it works
At the beginning of the event teams will be formed who will then work together to create an innovative solution which addresses one of the following themes:
- Environmental sustainability
- Responsible technology
- Social justice and equality
Each team will then pitch their idea to a panel of expert judges who will award the prizes.
Support to take part
During the event there will be:
- Workshops and keynote speakers to inspire you
- Access to industry experts and mentors who will support you to develop your business idea
- Breakfast, lunch and drinks will be provided*
- Potential to win monetary prizes
- London travel expenses covered for UK students from underprivileged backgrounds**
* availaibility will vary on different days
** criteria applies
If you have any questions or believe there are any barriers to your participation in this event, or you have any access requirements you wish to discuss, we would be happy to talk to you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for the UAL Creative Hack, you must be:
- A BA/MA student or graduate (up to 2 years after graduation) from any UAL College or Institution.
- Able to attend the full 3 days of the event.
No experience or understanding of business is necessary for you to apply, just a creative and collaborative attitude!
We particularly welcome applications from those currently underrepresented in the creative and digital industries. This includes students and graduates who are: disabled or have a specific learning disability; Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic; LGBTQ+; are the first in their family to attend university; or are from a low socio-economic background.
Participants will be selected based on:
- How connected the theme is to their practice or career journey.
- The proposed benefits received from attending.
- What they can contribute to and learn from a team.
- Creating diverse teams across themes (for example mixed colleges, courses, year groups and skills).
How to apply
You will be asked to submit a short application form explaining why you want to take part, how the themes of the Creative Hack connect with your practice or career journey, what you will learn and what you can contribute to the team.
Applications open at the end of 2022.
Deadline for applications Monday 16 January 2023
To be the first to hear when applications open, sign up to be notified.