UAL Creative Hack
UAL Creative Hack is a creative hackathon, offering students and recent graduates the opportunity to work collaboratively to innovate, create and present their ideas to address social and environmental challenges and create positive change.
There was £3,000 worth of prize money awarded to the most innovative ideas and teamwork.
The Creative Hack took place in person, at 272 High Holborn, London WC1V 7EY over three days:
Monday 6 February 4-8pm
Tuesday 7 February 9.30am-5pm
Wednesday 8 February 9.30am-7pm
How it works
At the beginning of the event teams are formed who then work together to create an innovative solution which addresses one of the following themes:
- Environmental Sustainability
The Environmental sustainability theme looks to create innovations and ideas to reduce carbon emissions and waste in London, and improve the quality of the city environment.
- Responsible Technology The Responsible Technology theme explores developing and using emerging technologies and digital innovations to drive positive change with minimal negative impact.
- Social Justice and Equality
The Social Justice and Equality theme explores how to help balance the distribution of wealth, opportunities, and privileges to make London a safer, healthier, happier and fairer place for all.
Each team will then pitch their idea to a panel of expert judges who will award the prizes.
Support to take part
During the event there will be:
- Workshops and keynote speakers to inspire you
- Access to industry experts and mentors who will support you to develop your business idea
- Breakfast, lunch and drinks will be provided (*)
- Potential to win monetary prizes
- London travel expenses covered for UK students from underprivileged backgrounds (**)
(*) availability will vary on different days
(**) criteria applies
If you have any questions or believe there are any barriers to your participation in this event, or you have any access requirements you wish to discuss, we would be happy to talk to you. Please contact email@example.com
To apply for the UAL Creative Hack, you must be:
- A BA/MA student or graduate (up to 2 years after graduation) from any UAL College or Institution.
- Able to attend the full 3 days of the event.
No experience or understanding of business is necessary for you to apply, just a creative and collaborative attitude!
We particularly welcome applications from those currently underrepresented in the creative and digital industries. This includes students and graduates who are: disabled or have a specific learning disability; Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic; LGBTQ+; are the first in their family to attend university; or are from a low socio-economic background.
Participants will be selected based on:
- How connected the theme is to their practice or career journey.
- The proposed benefits received from attending.
- What they can contribute to and learn from a team.
- Creating diverse teams across themes (for example mixed colleges, courses, year groups and skills).
Applications are now closed for the 2023 Creative Hack.
Creative Enterprise Awards
Want to launch or grow your own business? Receive funding and business support through the Creative Enterprise Awards.
LCF Enterprise Challenge
The LCF Enterprise Challenge is open for all current LCF students with an innovative business idea to apply and make a reality.
CCW Graduate Incubation Programme (GIP)
This 12-month programme helps students and graduates from Camberwell, Chelsea and Wimbledon Colleges to set up and grow a viable business.
LCC Upgrade Your Future Path
A hybrid programme of events aimed at postgraduate students and recent graduates from London College of Communication who are interested in finding out more about career paths in the creative industries.
The LCC Accelerate is fully-funded programme designed to support recent graduates to take their creative business idea to the next stage. The programme is aimed at LCC graduates who would like to define their own success, solve real-world problems and impact society in a positive way. Applications for the 2023 programme are open until 15 January
The Mayor's Entrepreneur Competition
The Mayor’s Entrepreneur competition is looking for business ideas to make London cleaner, greener and ready for the future. With a series of free workshops to help students gain employability and entrepreneurship skills.