UAL Creative Hack
UAL Creative Hack is a 2-day creative hackathon, offering students and recent graduates the opportunity to come together to learn, innovate, create and present their ideas to address the Capital’s challenges and make London a better place to live, work and visit. Participants can take part in person (in High Holborn) or online.
£2,500 worth of prize money awarded to the most innovative ideas and team work!
How the Creative Hack works
If selected to participate, you will be allocated a team prior to the event kick-off.
Over the 2 days, teams will work quickly to create an innovative idea on your chosen theme before pitching to a panel of expert judges on the final afternoon.
There will be workshops, mentoring, access to industry experts, and amazing key note speakers to inspire you and help develop your business solution.
No experience or understanding of business is necessary for you to apply, just a creative and collaborative attitude!
Teams will be given the option of working to create solutions for change on the following themes during the Hack:
- Technology and Digital
- Environment and Sustainability
- Social Justice and Equality
What are we looking for?
We are looking for approximately 80 students and recent graduates from across UAL Colleges and Institutions to participate in the Creative Hack.
Selection and judging criteria
To apply for the UAL Creative Hack you must be:
- A BA/MA student or graduate (up to 2 years after graduation) from any UAL College or Institution.
- Able to attend both full days of the event (Monday 21 and Tuesday 22 March).
Participants will be selected based on:
- How connected the theme is to their practice or career journey.
- The proposed benefits received from attending.
- What they can contribute to and learn from a team.
- Creating diverse teams across themes (e.g. mixed colleges, courses, year groups, skills etc).
Applications are limited, so apply as soon as you can to avoid disappointment, up until 28 February 2022.