At its best, data visualisation works quickly, conveying complex information persuasively and in an engaging way. On this advanced infographic storytelling short course, you will establish an appropriate narrative and format for your audience. This course has been designed for professionals who have some experience of working with data visualisation and want to deepen their understanding of user centric infographic storytelling approaches and techniques. Working with a live data set and a user-centric process you will wireframe visualisations for a range of audiences. You have the chance explore a range of storytelling methods and formats used in data visualisation to create memorable visuals. By the end of the course you will have the inspiration and confidence to combine data, illustration, text and images to tell a powerful story.
Who Should Attend?
This course is for anyone who is already working with data visualisation and wants to design for real users needs.
By the end of this course you should:
- Understand how to frame user needs when visualising data
- Design with consideration associated for different formats
- Demonstrate insight into merging data-driven and user-centric processes
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time.
Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
- Visualisation briefs
- Users identification
- Format design
- Wire framing
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Please bring for the first session: