Creative Direction Online Short Course
This course will teach students from a range of backgrounds including Fashion, Architecture and Advertising, how to become Creative Directors. Creative Directors play a key role in design and advertising agencies, as well as in brands and companies. They are generally responsible for, and leaders of, a group of creatives (art directors, copywriters, designers, photographers, video producers, etc.): from print to web, from TV to radio, from automotive to fashion. Creative Directors have the last word on everything that will be communicated to the customer. They have the skills to understand the needs of customers and are responsible for the recruiting of team members.
By the end of this course you will understand the role of the Creative Director and have worked on projects that mimic the work of a creative director.
Who should take this course?
This course is suitable for Art Directors, Designers, Photographers, Creative students and professionals who wish to enhance their skills in creative Direction. This is a natural follow on course for students who have completed Art Direction, Fashion Styling, other Photography or Graphic Design courses at Central Saint Martins.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain in easy to understand accessible English, if they use any special terminology we make sure they explain what it is they mean.
- New methodologies will be explained to you in a way that’s crystal clear and easy to understand.
- We even include live demonstrations of particular techniques so that you can see exactly how things should be done.
- We also offer a bunch of learning resources for you to access outside of the live lessons. This allows you to ensure you are up to date and you can practice and review the things that are important to you. Practice makes perfect after all!
Live interactive classrooms:
- We like to do things the right way, that's why all of our online classes are live, you won't find any recordings here (well apart from the recording we provide in case you miss a live session)
- Expect live interaction with your classmates from around the world, our students come from far and wide
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Discuss topics related to your course in real time via your microphone and camera or if you're not feeling brave, in the chat box
- Miss a class? Thats ok you can catch up in a recording which is available for 2 weeks after your course runs
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- However we always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are a great addition to your CV.
All our online short courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes as our face to face courses
- Lesson recordings, for review, so you never have to miss a class
- Access to the virtual learning environment with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access to the recordings of the live classroom sessions
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
- An introduction to the role of Creative Director
- How to use contemporary trends and campaigns
- Managing creative
- Working on Creative briefs
- Pitching to clients
- Practical exercises working on live briefs from real clients, planning an integrated campaign
Please bring to your first session:
- A pencil and note pad.
The tech requirements:
- A recent computer with a recent operating system
- An up-to-date web browser. (It would be advisable to ensure you
- Access to two separate web browsers, we recommend Safari and Google Chrome
- A headset with microphone/headphones is recommended
Meet the Tutor:
This course introduces you to the role of Creative Director. Learn how to use contemporary trends and campaigns, manage creatives, work on creative briefs and pitch to clients, through practical exercises working on live briefs from real clients.