Buying and Merchandising for Beauty Retail Online Short Course
Beauty is the driver for footfall in most retail environments, and by its nature is a fast moving intense environment with a great deal of detail and unseen activity supporting it. Behind the scenes are the beauty buyers and merchandisers, who use industry knowledge, retail management skills, and understanding of customers and trends to get results in these complex multi-brand retail environments.
This course will expose the inner workings of Beauty departments and give you a greater understanding of the sector, and the key drivers for retail success. It is ideal if you are looking for a new challenge or promotion, or are planning to work in the cosmetics industry. You will learn the principles and practices of beauty buying and merchandising through up-to-date case studies, discussions, and personalised feedback on a series of practical assignments.
By the end of the course you will have an understanding of;
- The role of the beauty buyer
- basic buying and merchandising disciplines
- the dynamics between the brands in a beauty department
- the Retailer/ Supplier relationship
- effective buying and marketing techniques to drive sales
Who is Buying and Merchandising for Beauty Brands Online Short Course for?
This course is a perfect introduction for anyone interested in working within Beauty as a Buyer or Merchandiser and for those in associated roles who would like a greater understanding of the bigger picture.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please have the following materials/equipment for the first class:
- Notepad and pen
- A recent computer with a recent operating system
- An up-to-date installation of the Google Chrome web browser
- Microphone (a headset with microphone/headphones is recommended)
Finally, a good broadband connection is also recommended. (Mobile data 3G/4G or a mobile dongle might not provide sufficient bandwidth).
- Key beauty retail environments
- Beauty categories and strategies for each of them
- Finance – OTB, budgeting, margins
- What makes a brand desirable to the retailer or customer
- Planning a beauty product mix
- Laying out a department floorplan
- Launching new brands and driving existing business
- Marketing and new product development
Meet the Tutor:
This online course is an insight into buying and merchandising for the beauty retail market. You will broaden your knowledge of careers in this area while responding to industry style briefs.