Editorial Styling and Creative Direction Taster Online Short Course
In this taster we will define and explore the meaning of “editorial” fashion and you will leave the session understanding where, and how editorial styling fits into the wider world of the Fashion Media.
We will explore some of the different roles within fashion image production and how many creative directors work across different specialisms combining skill sets.
Who you should attend this course?
This taster session is ideal for anyone with an interest in this area. Whether you are considering taking a short course, further study, or just have a curiosity and would like to learn more about the subject for your own projects. It is particularly useful if you want to:
- Get insight into the world of fashion styling or creative direction for fashion
- Learn about fashion media and content creation (for print, digital magazines and platforms)
- Want to understand how and where fashion editorial sits within the fashion industry
- Change career direction with the fashion industry
- Break into the fashion Industry as a complete beginner
No previous knowledge is required to attend this taster session
By the end of this taster course students should:
- Gain an understanding of what editorial content is, and how it fits into the fashion media
- Have an introduction to the production of a fashion shoot
- Have a taste of the working life of a stylist or creative director
- Have had the chance to ask an industry professional your question
Delivered by one of our professional and experienced tutors John William, this session we will give you an insight into Editorial Styling and Creative Direction.
You will have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and leave with a greater awareness of Editorial content creation, creative direction for fashion and of your potential.
Why should you attend a taster session?
- Taking a taster course is a great way to figure out what your next move should be, whether it is a degree, a short course or career change.
- It can be a great way to figure out which short course to take.
- You will get an insight into what it means to study at UAL.
- You will meet our professional and experienced tutors, who will give you an insight into the subject and answer all the questions you have been meaning to ask.
- You will meet like-minded people from different background and corners of the world.
- And even if you realise it is not for you, it will help you figure out what is.
- An introduction to editorial fashion styling and creative direction
- A brief overview on how editorial styling fits into the wider world of the Fashion Media.
- An understanding of the different roles within fashion image production and how many creative directors work across different specialisms combining skillsets.
- What is included on John William’s full three week Editorial Styling and Creative Direction course
- A recent computer with a recent operating system
- An up-to-date web browser
- Access to two separate web browsers, we recommend Safari and Google Chrome
- A headset with microphone/headphones is recommended
- A notebook
- A pen
Meet the Tutor:
During this taster session, industry stylist John William will introduce you to the world of Editorial Styling and Creative Direction.