Starting An Online Fashion Retail Business Online Short Course
Do you dream of starting a small business and becoming an entrepreneur? Do you have an exciting business idea for a retail website but youre not sure where to start? This online course will show you the tools you need to launch a successful ecommerce business.
While many traditional retailers are struggling, ecommerce business is booming. This course will teach you the ins and outs of the online retail industry, from market research and budgeting, to launching and running your site and utilising social media platforms to promote your brand. You will learn how to create a sustainable business model, considering online fashion industry growth rates and hotspots, market positioning and formulating a brand strategy.
In six methodical sessions you will look at the key areas that will take your idea from conception to customer. You will be taught through weekly interactive online classes in which you will learn how to define your stores niche, analyse competitors, create an ecommerce business strategy, launch your website and market it into a success.
This course is perfect for anyone who would like to develop a platform for selling clothing they design, or those who would like to create a stronger online presence for an existing boutique. You will finish the course having analysed and assessed the viability of your product, developed an idea of how much it will cost, have confidence to present your plan to others and be keen to start selling!
By the end of the course you will have;
- Developed a brand strategy
- Decided on your niche
- Gained a good understanding of your competitors
- Knowledge of how to target your customers
- Understanding of how much it will cost to launch your brand
- Started working on the design and development of your online store
Who is Starting an Online Fashion Retail Business? (Online Short Course) for?
This course is for anyone with an idea that they want to learn how to turn into a profitable online retail business. Whether you have studied business and marketing in the past or you are new to the area, this course will help you define your vision and formulate your strategy.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time.
Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
- Formulating a brand strategy and why personal branding is key
- Online fashion industry growth rates and hotspots
- Website analysis
- Market research and deciding your niche
- Testing your idea for less than £75
- Creating and strengthening your brand identity
- The pros and cons of online retail
- Designing and developing your online retail store
- The power of outsourcing
- Keeping customers happy
- Delivery methods
- The power of SEO and how to rank your online store in Google
- The power of social media marketing
- An introduction to Facebook and YouTube marketing for your business
- Utilising email marketing for your business
- Budgeting (how much it could cost)
To fully participate in and to complete the course assignments, please make sure you have the following equipment;
- Notepad and pen
- Pencils, sketchbook or paper, eraser, ruler, etc.
- Software to prepare assignments - Powerpoint, Word, Photoshop, etc.
In addition to the materials listed above, you will need;
- A desktop computer or laptop (tablets and phones can be used but some functionality will be limited)
- An up-to-date version of Google Chrome
- A fast and reliable internet connection - a minimum of 1Mbps is required. You can check your network here - speedtest.net
Meet the Tutor:
In this online short course, you will learn how to launch a successful ecommerce business. You will develop an understanding of the online retail industry, from market research to promoting your brand on social media.