Do you dream of starting a fashion business and becoming an entrepreneur? Do you have an exciting business idea but you’re not sure where to start? While many traditional retailers are struggling, e-commerce is booming.
This course is perfect for designers wanting to launch their own brand, traditional retailers building an online strategy, creatives developing their hobby, or those exploring a career change. It is taught by a Creative Business Consultant with experience of combining the best of online and offline strategies required in today’s market.
By the end of this course you will have -
- researched your idea to define your business model
- explored how to design & manufacture your first collection
- an understanding of how to build your first website on a budget
- started to develop a brand communication strategy
- started to develop a customer acquisition strategy
- received personal feedback on assignments from your tutor
- received industry tips, best practice guidance and a list of further resources from your course tutor
- explored real world case studies with your course tutor
Who Should Attend:
This course is valuable for anyone interested in learning more about launching their own profitable fashion brand, online.
- design students wanting to launch their own brand
- boutique owners building an online strategy
- creatives developing and monetizing their hobby
- those exploring a career change
No previous experience is required.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain in easy to understand accessible English, if they use any special terminology we make sure they explain what it is they mean.
- New methodologies will be explained to you in a way that’s crystal clear and easy to understand.
- We even include live demonstrations of particular techniques so that you can see exactly how things should be done.
- We also offer a bunch of learning resources for you to access outside of the live lessons. This allows you to ensure you are up to date and you can practice and review the things that are important to you. Practice makes perfect after all!
Live interactive classrooms:
- We like to do things the right way, that's why all of our online classes are live, you won't find any recordings here (well apart from the recording we provide in case you miss a live session)
- Expect live interaction with your classmates from around the world, our students come from far and wide
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Discuss topics related to your course in real time via your microphone and camera or if you're not feeling brave, in the chat box
- Miss a class? Thats ok you can catch up in a recording which is available for 2 weeks after your course runs
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- However we always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are a great addition to your CV.
All our online short courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes as our face to face courses
- Lesson recordings, for review, so you never have to miss a class
- Access to the virtual learning environment with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access to the recordings of the live classroom sessions
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time.
Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
Through weekly interactive online classes, this short course will take you through everything you need from concept to customer. Including
- market research & establishing your niche
- how to create a collection & understand your costs
- sustainable & ethical manufacturing practices
- how to design & build your first website
- market positioning & brand identity
- e-commerce strategy (digital marketing, SEO)
- content creation, working with influencers, collaborations & affiliates
- social media marketing for the fashion industry
- time management & outsourcing to grow your business
- building a personal brand online
To fully participate in and to complete the course assignments, please make sure you have the following equipment;
- Notepad and pen
- Pencils, sketchbook or paper, eraser, ruler, etc.
- Software to prepare assignments - Powerpoint, Word, Photoshop, etc.
In addition to the materials listed above, you will need;
- A desktop computer or laptop (tablets and phones can be used but some functionality will be limited)
- An up-to-date version of Google Chrome
- A fast and reliable internet connection - a minimum of 1Mbps is required. You can check your network here - speedtest.net