Introduction to the Fashion Industry for 16 to 18 Year Olds Online Short Course
Through lectures and practical tasks you will explore the industry, understand what careers the fashion industry has to offer and what opportunities there are for you moving forward. A practical look at what you need to do to get where you want to be.
For more information on Online Short Courses please see the below information.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with expert tutors
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- Access to VLE with course content
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Materials needed for the course:
- Laptop or PC
- Pad and pen
- Plain A4 paper
- Coloured pens (5 Colours needed) any type
Prior to the start of your course, please ensure you have:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection, we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
- The supply chain
- The who’s who in fashion
- Structure and the current environment
- Styling and promotion
- Customer profiling
- Buying and merchandising
- Marketing and PR
- Trend research / GTrend forecasting
- To sale / Instore promotion / Visual merchandising
Meet the Tutor:
Through practical online workshops, lectures and seminars you will explore the fashion industry, understanding the opportunities on offer, and what you need to do to get to where you want to be.