Business of Styling (Online Short Course)
This course provides an introduction into the business of styling. You can be the most experienced stylist out there but, the reality is, if you don’t have customers, you don’t have a business. This course shows you how to set up the right styling business for you, attract your ideal clients and get consistent bookings. After every live course with your tutor, an industry expert, you will be given assignments for which you will gain personalised feedback.
- How to monetise the current growth in the styling industry
- The difference between personal and fashion styling and how to determine which would be best suited to you
- Finding your unique message to market and your branding
- Targeting your ideal clients
- Your essential checklist to set up your successful styling business
- Marketing your business to attract your ideal clients
- Getting press and growing your personal brand
- How to create a website that converts to sales
- How to package together your offers to get consistent clients with online and offline offers
By the end of this course you will have:
- Gained a strong understanding as to which styling roles are best suited to you
- Created your own unique message to market and be clear on your own personal branding
- Understood who your ideal client is and how to target them
- Developed a marketing strategy to start getting paying clients in straight away
- Gained a clear understanding on what 4 key things your website needs to convert to sales
- Received clear steps on how to get your own press to grow your social proof and be seen as an authority
- Gained confidence to sell to new clients and keep existing ones
- Developed a roadmap and checklist for growing your business from scratch
Who is Buying and Merchandising for Handbags and Accessories (Online Short Course) for?
This course is excellent for anyone who wants to start or grow their business as a personal stylist, fashion stylist or personal shopper. You may be someone who provides both online and offline services to your clients, interested in scaling your business or starting from scratch.
Why choose an LCF Online Short Course
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience London College of Fashion wherever you are in the world. The real-time chat sessions are fully interactive allowing you to communicate easily with the tutor at the same time as fellow students. Additionally all LCF Online Short Courses include;
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- LCF Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, including the equipment you need, can be found at Frequently Asked Questions.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To compare times, please check World Buddy.
Casey Paul is an accomplished celebrity Personal / Fashion stylist and business coach having worked between London and LA for many years. She was previously the Style Editor for the men's magazine Loaded and has been featured in press such as The Daily Telegraph, Real Business Magazine and the Daily Mail. She has styled many celebrities for red carpet events such as the BAFTAS and The British Soap Awards, many who make the best dressed lists such as GQ. With her vast expertise she has been a fashion consultant for CNN London, appearing on live news contributing to fashion related stories and is a consultant for the worlds leading luxury department store Harrods where she trains the Personal Shopping teams.
Her students have gone on to have their work featured in Vogue, The Huffington Post, OK Magazine to name a few and have appeared as experts on national news channels.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises, please have the following materials/equipment for the first class:
- A notepad and a pen
- A modern computer with an up-to-date operating system
- An up-to-date web browser (Google Chrome is recommended)
- A microphone (a headset with microphone/headphones is recommended)
Finally, a good broadband connection is also essential (mobile data 3G/4G or a mobile dongle might not provide sufficient bandwidth).