Digital Design for 16 to 18 Year Olds Short Course
We will help you to develop your ideas using digital formats, whether it be designing a set of posters, a logo, or drawing digitally. We'll encourage you to develop your ideas through visual research and how professional creative software can be used to realise the potential of any project.
You'll leave with a body of work and a broader understanding of the possibilities offered by using digital design within the context of graphic design and illustration. You will have gained skills that can be used in building a future portfolio. The intention is to have an online presence for all work created during the week.
Who should attend
This course is aimed at anyone aged 16 to 18 years old with an interest in art and design, keen to explore the possibilities of working with digital design. Whether you considering pursuing further education in art or are just looking for a fun holiday experience!
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
Digital Credentials (badges and certificates)
Students will receive a UAL Short Courses digital badge and certificate on completion of the course. Digital credentials are a great way to celebrate your accomplishments and stand out from the crowd. Find out more about our digital badges and credentials.
- Vector illustration
- Image Manipulation
- Image editing
- Editorial design
Please bring the following items with you on the first day:
- A4 Sketch book
- a pencil sharpener
- fine black felt tip markers
- coloured pencils
You will need an Adobe ID to participate on the course.
You can set this up before the course starts at https://www.adobe.com/uk/ and select ‘Get an Adobe ID'.
If you already have an Adobe ID, please check your login details still work.
You do not need to subscribe to the software. This is free to students when studying in college on any UAL networked computer.
Please remember to write your login details down safely and bring these along on the first day of your course.
Meet the Tutor:
Join design studio work-form and explore the potential of digital design. Through a series of fun and engaging projects, learn how adobe can open up new and exciting creative opportunities.
Using Adobe design packages (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) you will make use of illustration, pattern, image editing, colour, typography and more to learn a number of key principles related to the fields of illustration and graphic design.