Interior Design Module Two Online Short Course
Upon completion of the online Introduction to Interior Design Parts 1 and 2, join us on Interior Design Module Two online, to hone your analytical design skills and develop your own personal interior design methodology. Module Two will focus on designing for a commercial interior space.
During the course, you'll be encouraged to study independently, using design references while you work to improve your digital drawing skills. We'll also explore further 3D digital presentation techniques using Sketch-Up, as well as looking at effective lighting design and detail drawing for joinery construction.
Please note that this course requires dedication; students should therefore allow time to work on their design project outside of the class.
By the end of this course you'll be capable of working logically through the design process up to the design scheme stage and presenting your work professionally. You will have built on the knowledge gained during Introduction to Interior Design Parts 1 and 2, learnt new design-related skills and completed a commercial interior design project.
Who should attend
Ideal if you want to learn to design interiors professionally and have completed Introduction to Interior Design Parts 1 and 2 online. You can then move on to Interior Design Module Three as a further step towards your goal of becoming an interior designer.
Prior skills required:
- Concept boards
- Sample boards
- CAD drawing skills - the ability to draw plans, sections and elevations to scale using computer aided design software e.g.Vectorworks, Auto CAD etc.
You should also have a basic knowledge of:
- Soft furnishings
- Hard finishes
- Presentation methods for mounting work
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time.
Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
- Survey drawings
- Concept/Brand boards
- Exploring site context
- Restaurant interior design
- Sections / elevations
- Fire regulations
- Disabled access, lifts and ramps
- Detail drawing
- 3D drawing in SketchUp
- Sample boards for restaurants and bars
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here -https://www.speedtest.net
- A three-button wheel mouse
- SketchUp Make 2017 - you can download a free version of SketchUp Make here
- Vectorworks Designer Student Version 2021, or the CAD software that you are used to using
To access the current version of the Vectorworks software you will need to create a 3 month student account. Please visit the Vector Works Student Portal to create your account.
Meet the Tutor: