Bag Making Purses Short Course
On this one-day course you will be learning how to make patterns for a simple zip on top purse and sew it together using industrial sewing machine. You will learn basic pattern cutting skills and you will be given the opportunity to personalise your purse, for example, adding initials. By the end of the day you will have a personalised purse with a short wrist strap(optional). All leather, trimmings, materials and tools will be provided unless you prefer to use your own choice of leather and fittings.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
This course is scheduled to run on campus in a face to face delivery format. Please note that due to the ongoing pandemic situation this course may be adapted in line with UK government guidance or other operational requirements. This may include changing course location (to another UAL site), cancellation of the course, or moving part or all of the course online. In the event of any changes being required we will inform you as soon as possible and support you in any changes required. Please bear this in mind when making any travel, visa, or accommodation arrangements.
- Professional methods
- Basic pattern cutting techniques
- Good working practice
- Using industrial sewing machines
- Access to specialist leather machines
- Basic leather techniques
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment to the first class:
Meet the Tutor:
On this one-day bag making course you will make a personalised purse with a short wrist strap (optional).