Graduating in a pandemic: Class of 2020
This year has been tough on us all, but we are proud of how resilient and remarkable this year’s graduating cohort has coped with the unprecedented way their course came to an end.
To celebrate them, Post-Grad Community invited recent graduates to participate in an online collective yearbook to mark this year’s notable graduation.
Covid-19 Impact: Looking Ahead
Although the future is unpredictable with the pandemic still keeping us all in lockdown and socially distancing from one another, Post-Grad Community will be continuing with our Our COVID promise: Looking at new ways to digitally connect with our students, our priority remains in the health, safety and wellbeing of our community, and as part of this we encourage everyone to be thoughtful and supportive towards each other and ensure that we remain the diverse, welcoming, and affirming community that make us part of UAL.
As an industry which relies heavily on freelance professionals and small businesses things have stalled; but to what extent this will impact future recruitment is unclear. Below are a selection of useful resources to help support recent graduates, alumni and creatives alike during this challenging time.
- Starting Out is a series of webinars, online workshops and one-to-one advice to help students prepare for their virtual degree show and embark on their careers
- Prospects Luminate publish a weekly update on the UK graduate labour market.
- There is some data emerging about the Impact of COVID-19 on the Creative industry.
- The go-to jobs board for creative students and graduates.
- Download UAL's Graduate Guide 2020 (PDF 1.5 MB) for detailed advice on how to plan and develop your career.
- Sign up to the monthly Careers and Employability newsletter.