skip to main content

Essential coronavirus info
We can’t wait to welcome our new and returning students from 19 October 2020. Your safety is our first priority.

US Student Loans

US students studying on an eligible course can borrow US federal government and private loans to fund their studies at UAL.

The following pages will provide the information on the types of loans available, how to apply and when to expect the payment.

Students on an eligible undergraduate or graduate courses may qualify for US federal loans provided by the US Department of Education. Those studying on further education or certificate courses are not eligible for US federal loans but might be eligible to apply for a private loan. UAL is registered with the US Department of Veteran Affairs which provides educational benefits to former US service personnel or their dependents.

US Federal Direct Loans

US federal Direct Loan Program offers several types of loans to assist students with their study and living costs.

How to apply

Guidance on how to apply for federal loans, eligibility criteria, and what to expect from the process.

Cost of Attendance

The Cost of Attendance is the maximum student can borrow per academic year.

Private loans

Some students might be considering a private loan to fund their Cost of Attendance.

VA funding

US Veterans might be able to use their educational benefits to fund the study at UAL.

Related links

Tuition fees

Find out what tuition fees you will pay as an undergraduate student at UAL.


Funding options

Find out about funding options at UAL.

Information for international students

Application advice and information about immigration and visas.

Student advice service

Contact the student advice service for support on funding, visas and money.