skip to main content

International Student Loans

International loans vary in procedure and policy. View the information relevant to your country to discover how to apply.

University of the Arts London's International Admissions office can provide information to international students seeking funding and loans.

Visit the Scholarship Search pages for information on bursaries and scholarships.

US loans

The U.S. Department of Education offers a Federal Direct Loan Program to help American students fund their studies overseas. Sallie Mae also provides private lending for educational purposes.

American students and their parents can find out more about US loans, loan regulations and how to apply for US funding on the US loans page.

Canadian loans

Canadian students can borrow federal and provincial loans.

International Admissions (based at our High Holborn building) can assist students with the pre and post enrolment loan forms that will be sent to you by the government. Additionally, we can assist with TL11A tax forms.

Please read through our Canadian Financial Aid Guide (PDF 139KB) for more information.

Canadian students can also borrow up to $10,000 to study at University of the Arts London through the Royal Bank of Canada.  The line of credit offers a competitive interest rate and may be helpful to supplement federal government loans that may not cover all of your study costs.

The programme is managed by Global Education Management Services (GEMS) who also works with our US students and their private bank loans.

Icelandic loans

Students can borrow loans via The Icelandic Student Loan Fund (LÍN).

Visit the LÍN website for more information about Icelandic student loans.

Related links

Tuition fees

Find out what tuition fees you will pay as an undergraduate student at UAL.

Student living costs

Discover what discounts and benefits are available to students studying at UAL.

Information for International students

Application advice and information about immigration and visas.

Student Advice Service

Contact the Student Advice Service for support on funding, visas and money.