Looking to recruit for creative roles? University of the Arts London (UAL) is ranked second in the world for Art and Design in the 2021 QS World University Rankings®. Our jobs board, Creative Opportunities, promotes creative industry roles and opportunities in the UK and internationally. With 1.1 million views in 2021, Creative Opportunities is the best place to source UAL creative students for hire.
If you have a job or internship you would like to promote to our students and graduates simply sign up to create an account. Our service is free if you are the direct employer otherwise a charge for recruitment agencies will apply.
How to attract the right candidates
- Want to ensure you find the best person for the job? Read our top tips for how to make your job advert appealing:
- Make it easy for candidates by providing as much information as possible about the role. Be sure to fill out the main duties, skills and requirements sections as clearly as possible.
- Rather than stating a specific number of years' experience, give a full description of what’s expected. This will not only attract the desired candidates but save time on shortlisting.
- Opportunities that offer relevant experience towards a career, provide training from experienced staff, cross-working, or networking opportunities are popular on our site.
- Candidates are looking for well-paid roles. We advertise roles paid at minimum wage rates and above, but any London-based employer paying London Living Wage or above is sure to get a higher response. Each employee is an investment. A higher salary helps employees motivated and helps retain them, which is important if they are a valuable asset to the company. Flexible working hours and location lets our students study and work and graduates to have a work-life balance. There’s a higher chance of receiving quality candidates with these options.
- Make sure you adhere to the Equality Act's protected characteristics in the wording of your advert. Aside from legalities, showing your company supports equality and is open to diversity makes candidates feel welcome. Mention the culture of the workplace and any activities you offer to make everyone feel part of a community.