Who is eligible?
- Be running a creative business (including social enterprise or commercial) from any creative discipline or developing a product that has potential commercial intellectual property (IP) value.
- Have spent at least a year on enterprising activity to develop your business/product idea.
- Have developed some form of income generation for your business/product idea.
What we'll cover
You will learn valuable skills including:
- How to assess your business model and make changes to improve it.
- How to price your work, manage cash flows, budget correctly and plan financially.
- How to market your practice effectively and reach the clients you want.
- How to pitch and make a funding plan.
- How to understand and value your IP.
- How to make plans to grow/employ people.
- How to manage your time effectively.
The programme will offer you the opportunity to:
- Source and use new networks and opportunities.
- Join a varied group of other creative graduates from UAL.
- Get a better understanding of potential markets and how to develop products or work in relation to these.
- Gain confidence in making decisions about your business.
- Have access to industry experts, speakers and trainers who will deliver both workshops and tailored one-to-one advice sessions.
Part 1 – July to September 2020
You will attend a series of weekly creative business development training sessions online from July to September 2020.
This time will be dedicated to: training workshops from industry experts; specialist one-to-one tailored advice for your business; and a chance to network with the group.
Part 2 – October to December 2020
You will take part in regular peer mentoring sessions as you develop and apply your learnings from Part 1.
The programme will culminate in a Demo Day where you will present the developments you have made to potential partners and investors.
To allow you to commit to attending 1 day a week, we will provide participants with a bursary. You will be asked to sign an agreement on receipt of funds which will contain the expectations below:
You will agree to
- Commit to attending all sessions during the programme.
- Prioritise and schedule programme sessions - full details will be provided.
- Commit to being active in developing your business between sessions.
- Prepare for and follow up on all training and one-to-one sessions.
- Complete evaluation questionnaires.
- Give back a total of 6 hours to student enterprise learning at UAL. This could be as a mentor, joining a judging panel for UAL awards, or giving a talk on your business and work.
How to apply
The deadline has now passed for 2020 entry
- Read the Creative Business Accelerator Guidelines 2020 (PDF 234KB) carefully.
- Download and complete the Creative Business Accelerator Application Form 2020 (Word 29KB).
- Submit your application (closed for 2020)
For questions or additional support email: email@example.com