Who is eligible?
- Be running a creative business (including social enterprise or commercial) from any creative discipline or developing a product that has potential commercial intellectual property (IP) value.
- Have spent at least a year on enterprising activity to develop your business/product idea.
- Have developed some form of income generation for your business/product idea.
What we'll cover
You will learn valuable skills including:
- How to assess your business model and make changes to improve it.
- How to price your work, manage cash flows, budget correctly and plan financially.
- How to market your practice effectively and reach the clients you want.
- How to pitch and make a funding plan.
- How to understand and value your IP.
- How to make plans to grow/employ people.
- How to manage your time effectively.
The programme will offer you the opportunity to:
- Source and use new networks and opportunities.
- Join a varied group of other creative graduates from UAL.
- Get a better understanding of potential markets and how to develop products or work in relation to these.
- Gain confidence in making decisions about your business.
- Have access to industry experts, speakers and trainers who will deliver both workshops and tailored one-to-one advice sessions.
Part 1 – June to August 2021
You will attend a series of weekly creative business development training sessions online.
This time will be dedicated to: training workshops from industry experts; specialist one-to-one tailored advice for your business; and a chance to network with the group.
Part 2 – August to October 2021
You will take part in regular peer mentoring sessions as you develop and apply your learnings from Part 1.
The programme will culminate in a Demo Day where you will present the developments you have made to potential partners and investors.
You will agree to
- Commit to attending all sessions during the programme.
- Prioritise and schedule programme sessions - full details will be provided.
- Commit to being active in developing your business between sessions.
- Prepare for and follow up on all training and one-to-one sessions.
- Complete evaluation questionnaires.
- Give back a total of 6 hours to student enterprise learning at UAL. This could be as a mentor, joining a judging panel for UAL awards, or giving a talk on your business and work.
A bursary will be made available to allow applicants that need it to attend. Full details on how to apply for this can be found in the guidelines.
How to apply
Applications are now open for Creative Business Accelerator 2021. The deadline to apply is Monday 19 April 2021 at 9am.
To apply, download and complete the application form (Creative Business Accelerator Application Form (Word 41KB) and submit via the online application form.
Please read through the guidelines beforehand Creative Business Accelerator Guidelines (PDF 116KB)
For questions or additional support email: email@example.com