Creative Writing Fact or Fiction Intensive Online Short Course
This creative writing course is not suitable for beginners. You've already taken an introductory course. Now you've developed an addiction. You can't live without your writing group. They're alert to your fictional virtues and narrative vices. And they're your best critics. Here's the chance to deepen the experience; with specific assignments, longer projects or personal work in progress. You choose. Please apply only if you have successfully completed an introductory writing course at Central Saint Martins or elsewhere.
For more information on Online Short Courses please see the below information.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time.
Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
- Specific assignments.
- Longer projects.
- Personal work in progress.
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Please bring with you to the first session:
- Something to write with
- Something to write on
- Hard copies of your work - keep a notebook!
If you have time to write for the first class, try your hand at this assignment:
Describe a disease with loving lyricism (500 words of well crafted prose). Describe a flower with violent fear and loathing (another 500 words). Consider mood, sub-text, momentum, implicit 'back-story'...Who is the narrator? Whose perspective is conveyed?
- Please bring your writing to the first class
- Your pieces should be clearly written or typed - someone else will read them out
- Also, please think seriously about any aspects of writing which you would like to cover this term. We can discuss these on the first night, and build them into the course.
Meet the Tutor:
An intermediate creative writing course in a workshop format, suitable for writers of prose. Deepen your craft: fiction, non-fiction or scriptwriting. Develop your work in progress, attempt optional assignments, and take your writing to the next level!