Explorations in Paint for 7 to 10 Year Olds Online Short Course
In this course we will spend three sessions experimenting with expressive approaches to painting using different types of paint, inks, crayons and pens. We will also be considering a range of artists and the way they communicate their ideas through abstract painting, colour, texture, shape and gestural mark-making. We will be looking specifically at Sonia Delaunay, Joan Mitchell, Patrick Heron along with a number of contemporary artists. You will be responding to a piece of music, a garden and a poem to develop your own visual language in paint. Through these exercises you will develop an understanding of abstraction and expressive mark-making within fine art painting. There will be discussion to help explore ideas and concepts around abstract painting.
Who should attend
Anyone aged 7 to 10 who is interested in art and design.
All our online short courses include:
- Live online lessons, all of?our classes are live, you won't find any recordings here
- Clear, explanations and easy to understand lessons.
- Live demonstrations, you can see exactly how things should be done
- Live interaction with your classmates from around the world, our students come from far and wide
- Ask questions of your tutor, using your microphone and camera, or if you're not feeling brave, in the chat box
- Receive feedback on your work
How to book:
- Click add to basket
- If you are an adult booking a place for a child or teenager, you will need two email addresses one for your booking confirmation email and one for the student. *
- Select the option to book for someone else
- Add the bookers details under Your details
- And the students details under Delegate 1
* In the case that your child does not have an email address, please create their account with an alternative email address. If you need help with booking, please use our online chat or call 0207 514 7015
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time.
Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
A3 – A2 white paper
Inks, ready-mixed paint, acrylics and watercolours in a range of colours
A range of brushes/felt tips/crayons and mark-making tools
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Meet the Tutor:
In this course we will spend three sessions experimenting with expressive approaches to painting using different types of paint, inks, crayons and pens. We will also be considering a range of artists and the way they communicate their ideas through abstract painting, colour, texture, shape and gestural mark-making.