In this dynamic course you will move swiftly through many aspects of drawing, from traditional methods to contemporary experimental approaches. You will be taking 100 drawing projects in 5 days. They will give you the chance to explore and experiment with a variety of concepts and subjects.
Projects are fast and designed to encourage you not to be precious but to think in a free-ranging, open-minded manner. The emphasis will be on the production of concepts rather than slick finish.
This course is not about receiving step-by-step technical instruction. But what you'll get is lots of opportunities to develop your creativity, generate ideas for your drawings and expand the directions that they can take.
Who should take this course?
Anyone who wants to learn about all the possible drawing skills, techniques, materials and approaches.
Those who want to build up a diverse and rich portfolio of drawings quickly.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain in easy to understand accessible English, if they use any special terminologywe make sure they explain what it is they mean.
- New methodologies will be explained to you in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- We even include live demonstrations of particular techniques so that you can see exactly how things should be done.
- We also offer a bunch of learning resources for you to access outside of the live lessons. This allows you to ensure you are up to date and you can practice and review the things that are important to you. Practice makes perfect after all!
Live interactive classrooms:
- We like to do things the right way, that's why all of our online classes are live, you won't find any recordings here (well apart from the recording we provide in case you miss a live session)
- Expect live interaction with your classmates from around the world, our students come from far and wide
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Discuss topics related to your course in real time via your microphone and camera or if you're not feeling brave, in the chat box
- Miss a class? Thats ok you can catch up in a recording which is available for 2 weeks after your course runs
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- However we always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are a great addition to your C
All our online short courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes as our face to face courses
- Lesson recordings, for review, so you never have to miss a class
- Access to the virtual learning environment with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access to the recordings of the live classroom sessions
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time.
Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
If no dates are showing then please sign up to our mailing list to find out about upcoming dates and new course developments.
- You will explore many themes such as time, memory, observation and chance.
- You will be guided through a wide variety of drawing approaches and styles.
- There will be illustrated talks on artists who have explored drawing in both traditional and experimental ways.
Online short course materials
To take part in the online sessions you will need:
The tech requirements:
- A recent computer with a recent operating system
- An up-to-date web browser.
- Access to two separate web browsers, we recommend Safari and Google Chrome
- A headset with microphone/headphones is recommended
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net