Fashion Content Marketing (Online Short Course)
This fashion content marketing short course will show you the steps fashion brands use to develop their brand stories, and then how digital content and social media managers apply this story through all the brand’s channels, to increase awareness, and engage and convert.
It is perfect for anyone who wants to understand the strategy behind fashion social media, and how to design effective content marketing campaigns.
Each week you will learn a different aspect of the fascinating world of fashion brand storytelling, starting with strategy, then exploring types of content, followed by social media and channels, and finally a look at how to integrate it all into effective campaigns.
The course has a practical focus, and you will learn from case studies, lively class discussion, and hands-on assignments with personal tutor feedback. By the end of the course you will know how to make fashion content marketing work for you.
- Overview of fashion marketing and communication
- Understanding and identifying your target audience
- Consumer behaviour and psychology
- Engaging storytelling
- Setting objectives
- The importance of video and photography in fashion content
- PR, editorial and blogging
- Research content (articles, whitepapers, trend reports etc.).
- Copywriting for product and web content
- Own brand social media (Instagram, Facebook, etc.).
- Influencer marketing
- Email marketing
- Content calendars
- Working with trade events, seasons, and drops
"I really, really enjoyed this course. The content was so interesting, challenging, thought-provoking and relevant. The pace was well set and each class raised fascinating issues and good discussion. I think Lynsey is a fantastic teacher - she knew the subject inside and out and provided great insight, advice and knowledge to everyone in the class. I would highly recommend this class to people and really appreciate doing the course."
- Darcy, former student
By the end of the course you will have;
- Gained insight into the exciting and fast-paced field of fashion marketing.
- Discussed how fashion content marketing fits into a wider fashion marketing strategy.
- Learned about the fashion job roles responsible for fashion content marketing.
- Learned how to develop a brand story.
- Explored how to develop a digital content strategy for a brand.
- Developed an understanding of how content marketing sits alongside social media, PR and traditional marketing activities
- Learned how to integrate content marketing with other fashion marketing events and activities.
- Learned techniques to reach and engage new audiences
- Learned techniques to support conversion and sales.
Who is Fashion Content Marketing (Online Short Course) for
This course is ideal for creative people who have a good grasp of digital technology and are interested in the fashion industry. It is perfect for anyone who wants to learn more about fashion communication and building relationships with consumers, and to become a better digital marketer.
Why choose a CSM Online Short Course
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience Central Saint Martins wherever you are in the world. Additionally all CSM Online Short Courses include
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- CSM Certificate upon completion
Visit Frequently Asked Questions for further details about preparing for your online course, including any equipment you need.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To compare times, please check World Time Buddy.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Online courses are not available to book on the day they start.
Lynsey Fox is a journalist and pr and communications specialist with 10 years’ experience spanning fashion, retail, consumer, higher education, broadcast and print and online media. Currently Communications and Media Relations Manager at London College of Fashion, UAL, Lynsey has worked with international brands such as BskyB, Marks & Spencer, Nike, Daily Mirror and T-Mobile. Lynsey’s main areas of focus include creating varied and engaging content for multiple stakeholders, competitor and marketing understanding and campaign impact analysis. In addition Lynsey hosts workshops and lectures helping start up designers create digital brand presence.
Online Short Course Materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Firefox or Chrome)
- The latest version of Java installed on your device
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection via WiFi or ethernet; 2G, 3G or 4G will not be sufficient
- Paper and pen to take notes during live sessions