Fashion Marketing (Online Short Course)
This online course will introduce you to each stage of the fashion marketing process, giving you insights into how marketing managers plan their strategies which you can apply to engage your customers and promote your brand.
During lively class discussions led by an expert tutor, you will learn how brands target consumers and use new media communications to reach and excite their audiences. You’ll also learn about the psychology of fashion promotion, the characteristics of super brands, and how trends develop and can be exploited.
As your understanding of consumers, products and markets develops, you will gain a deeper understanding of why fashion marketing is so crucial to the fashion industry, and what the future of fashion marketing might look like.
The course is very practical, and each week you will be set a realistic marketing task to complete in your own time, and each week you will receive personal tutor feedback on your work. Finally you will demonstrate what you have learnt in a presentation to your tutor and course mates of your own fashion marketing strategy.
- Developing a fashion marketing strategy
- Developing marketing campaigns
- How and why fashion brands target consumers
- Profiling customers and consumers
- Building brand recognition
- Planning a fashion marketing mix
- Researching trends – how and why we do this
- Consumer research
- Understanding USP
- The psychology of fashion marketing
- Press and PR: endorsements, sponsorship and promotion
- Understanding new media marketing and communications
- Considering the future of fashion marketing
- The difference between branding and advertising
By the end of the course you will have;
- Learnt how and why fashion brands target consumers
- Developed your own fashion marketing strategy
- Learnt how brands become notable
- Planned a fashion marketing mix
- An understanding of the psychology of fashion marketing
Who is Fashion Marketing (Online Short Course) for?
This course is perfect for anyone with an interest in fashion who wants to further their knowledge of how the industry operates, such as fashion entrepreneurs or designers who want to develop a brand. It is also ideal for business graduates looking to specialise in fashion, or those already working in the industry hoping to transition into fashion marketing.
Why choose a CSM Online Short Course
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience Central Saint Martins wherever you are in the world. The real-time chat sessions are fully interactive allowing you to communicate easily with the tutor at the same time as fellow students. Additionally all LCF/CSM/Chelsea/LCC Online Short Courses include;
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- CSM Certificate upon completion
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Please note that Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
Jennifer Williams-Baffoe is an international fashion and creative industry business consultant and has worked for many organisations such as The Fashion and Textiles Museum, The British Fashion Council and The British Apparel and Textile Confederation. Jennifer is a short course tutor at Central Saint Martins and The London College of Fashion and is the author of The British Fashion Councils Designer Manufacturer Handbook. Jennifer is also a consultant for the United Nations on their Ethical Fashion Initiative Project
Online Short Course Materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Firefox or Chrome)
- The latest version of Java installed on your device
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection via WiFi or ethernet; 2G, 3G or 4G will not be sufficient
Course Specific Materials
- Paper and pen to take notes during live sessions