Kitchen and Bathroom Planning and Design Online Short Course
Join us on Kitchen and Bathroom Planning and Design and be guided through the process of planning and designing a kitchen and bathroom project for a residential interior.
Kitchens and Bathrooms are the most complex and expensive part of any interior space and are considered a specialised arm of the industry. They both involve regulations, detained planning, installing services, controlling budgets and producing stunning additions to the interior. This course will help you to understand all of these elements and allow you to make informed design decisions within these spaces.
You will learn how to write a detailed client brief and translate this into a functional and visual space. You will be guided through via inspiring and informative lectures, demonstrations and tutorials and develop the knowledge and tools to communicate your ideas.
This is a perfect platform for which to launch your specialisation in this field or to help you design your own interior spaces with confidence.
Who should attend
Ideal for practicing interior designers, and others keen to gain a working knowledge of kitchen and bathroom planning and design. It will also suit anyone interested in investigating new ideas and inspirations for their home, along with students on related courses. Basic drawing technical skills required. Please note that this course benefits students being able to allocate time to work on their projects outside of the classroom.
For more information on Online Short Courses please see the below information.
You’ll leave able to translate a client’s brief into a feasible interior design proposal. You will produce a mood board together with detailed floor plans and elevations at a scale of 1:25 of either a kitchen or bathroom. After the course the skills that you learn will give you the confidence to tackle your own projects.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online short course materials:
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
- A computer mouse
- An A4 printer
Online and offsite course specific materials:
- A 0.5 technical drawing pencil
- 2h 0.5 drawing leads for tech pencil
- A 45 degree set square (approx 250 - 300mm in size)
- A Scale ruler with scales including 1:20, 1:25, 1:50, 1:75, 1:125
- An eraser
- Glue Stick
- Pair of Scissors
- Roll of 25mm masking tape
- Interior magazines you can cut up or a printer to print images from the internet
- Notebook and pen
- A3 tracing paper
- A3 layout paper
- Sheet of A3 graph paper x 4
- A3 cardboard or paper
- The principles of kitchen and bathroom planning and design
- Taking the client brief
- How to prepare a site survey
- Space planning and ergonomics
- Building regulations and practical considerations
- Storage solutions
- Understanding Services and Equipment
- Drawing plans and sections
- 3D Axonometric drawing
- Preparing a materials board
- Writing a specification
- Materials and Finishes
- Preparing a specification
- Colour and Lighting
- Styles, Trends and new technologies
Meet the Tutor:
Join us on Kitchen and Bathroom Planning and Design and through workshops and showroom visits, be guided through planning and designing a kitchen and bathroom project for a residential interior.