University of the Arts London (UAL), ranked second in the world for Art and Design in the 2020 QS World University Rankings®, has a world class reputation for inspiring creativity through innovative curriculum that is designed to prepare students for the careers of the future.
Every year, we continue to launch the careers of the creative and cultural innovators that go on to be industry leaders.
Our Professional Development courses at University of the Arts London take this same energy and apply it specifically to working professionals.
What to expect
- Available as 1, 2 and 3 day intensive courses
- Aimed at working professionals
- Taught at an intermediate and advanced level
- Designed to inspire
- Based on the UAL methods of teaching and tailored specifically to industry leaders and practitioners
- Designed to complement the work we do with our Business & Innovation clients and partners.
Courses can include
- Practical element with structured learning
- Availability of spaces that get your creativity flowing
- Collaborative and enriching sessions
- Discussions that question industry norms
- Thought provoking seminars.
We are proud to be expanding our offer in include applying the innovative teaching techniques of our staff to working professionals. This will allow us to expand our work and reach to include those that would like to join the most influential talents in art, design, fashion, communication and performance.
Short course stories
Student Stories: Stephanie Uhart and Fashion Folio
Are you interested in studying fashion and need to get your portfolio together? We spoke with Stephanie Uhart who attended Fashion Folio in 2015 to discover how the portfolio course led to Stephanie successfully applying to BA Fashion Design with
Magnum documentary photography - Anselm Ebulue
Join documentary photographer Anselm Ebulue in conversation as he discusses his career to date. July 16 at 12pm
Inside the shop window - Debbie Flowerday
Join Debbie Flowerday as she explores the art of window display and design. July 31 at 12pm
First steps into styling - John William
Putting together his advice for budding fashion stylists, industry expert and UAL Short Courses tutor and editor John William, talks us through how you can get started – what your fashion stylist portfolio could include, some myth