Each week in your timetable you may see you have a Language Development class. Each class is specifically tailored to the subject you are studying and our language tutors work very closely with your course teams.
Language Development classes can help you to:
- identify and explore the language and vocabulary of your subject
- critically analyse key reading texts
- gain confidence in speaking about your work and communicating your ideas
- better understand your assignment briefs and course requirements
- understand the different types of written assignments
- plan and structure writing and presentations
- carry out effective research
- build your grammar and use of academic voice.
There is no need to sign up for these classes. Your language tutor will send you a link in advance and you can just turn up.
We also offer shorter Academic English skills classes which you can book on the main page of our website.