Creative Shift is our programme of extra-curricular events and activities that aims to help shape a diverse creative industry.
Not everyone has access to professional contacts, experience, support, or confidence needed to thrive in their creative practice.
That's why we're dedicated to supporting students who are underrepresented in the sector. Find out more about what we do and sign up to benefit from our: free events, live briefs, links to industry and more.
Who we support
Creative Shift opportunities are free and open to UAL students who meet all of the following criteria:
- Are home (UK) students.
- Are currently studying on an undergraduate course.
- Whose parent(s)/ guardian(s) have not completed a University degree.
If this applies to you, sign up to our monthly newsletter to hear about upcoming opportunities and events:
What we do
We run extra-curricular projects and workshops that help students to:
- Collaborate with other students from across UAL.
- Get paid work experience.
- Connect with creative people and brands.
- Build professional experience and a portfolio.
- Work on live briefs with real brands.
- See behind the scenes of the working world and get guidance and tips.
- Develop the skills, mindsets, and connections to thrive in the world of work.
Join our student-led creative network for the chance to collaborate on projects with students, UAL staff and industry professionals.
Explore the questions and challenges that many new graduates will face. Listen to unfiltered stories from creative professionals.
See behind the scenes of creative companies, meet professionals, build your network, ask questions and understand the roles available.
Read about our programme of events and activities set up to inspire and empower women+ to break through the glass ceiling.
Our programmes are only funded for specific students. If the criteria above does not apply to you, you can still benefit from UAL's Careers and Employability services.
Creative Shift is part of UAL’s commitment to fair access, student success and progression in Higher Education. For further information contact us at email@example.com.