UAL health and safety standards describe the way in which particular activities and risks must be managed to ensure the safety of staff, students and visitors.
Standards have been consulted on and agreed by the University Health and Safety Committee; they are the documents that would be used to judge health and safety performance and commitment if the University were to be inspected by:
- the Health and Safety Executive, or
- the fire brigade,
- or as the result of a civil or criminal case.
Health and safety standards
- Asbestos (PDF 348KB)
- Children on site (PDF 383KB)
- Electrical safety (PDF 415KB)
- Events, exhibitions and shows (PDF 531KB)
- International travel advice (PDF 41KB)
- Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) (PDF 110KB)
- Lone workers (PDF 57KB)
- Maintenance of machinery and equipment (PDF 190KB)
- Management of contractors (PDF 193KB)
- Out of hours and extended hours (PDF 381KB)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PDF 308KB)
- Visits and expeditions by staff and students (PDF 259KB)
- Work placements (PDF 507KB)
- Working at height (PDF 462KB)
If the activity you are looking for is not listed please contact email@example.com.