Central Saint Martins is alive with different ways of thinking, making and doing. Our teaching staff develop spaces for the creation of ideas, innovation of materials and building momentum for the actions needed for a better future.
We are world famous for teaching a creative practice that combines the ability to imagine new futures with the means to deliver them. We regularly train future artists and designers to develop/build the skills needed to address our urgent global challenges – from tackling the climate and biodiversity emergencies to forging more equitable societies.
Our Professional Development courses at Central Saint Martins take this same energy and apply it specifically to working professionals.
- Courses are available as 1, 2 and 3 day intensive courses
- Are aimed at working professionals
- Taught at an intermediate and advanced level
- Designed to inspire
- Apply the Central Saint Martins methods of teaching to curriculum designed specifically for industry leaders and practitioners
- Designed to complement the work we do with our Innovation and Business clients and partners
Courses to include elements of the following, as appropriate to the subject
- Practically taught and structured
- Messy, with spaces that get your creativity flowing
- Collaborative and enriching
- Based around discussions that question industry norms
- Thought provoking seminars
What we do is always connected to others. Our community goes beyond building, beyond disciplines and beyond borders. From local neighbours to global partners, Central Saint Martins collaborates with others to build knowledge and transform objects, systems and lives for the better. We understand that good things happen when people work together.
At Central Saint Martins, we believe that art, performance and design can generate real, productive change within the creative industries.
Tel:+44 (0)207 514 7015
Short course stories
From creative hobby to flourishing business
Doing a short course can inspire students to do anything. For Evie Mundy, the Arts Management Online Short Course gave her the confidence to start her own business.
How to build your confidence to start a business
Celeste Hampton tells us about her short course experience and how the skills she gained from doing two courses together informed her next creative venture.
How to finesse your skills as a creative
London based creative Katy Wix talks to us about her experience on the Introduction to Drawing Skills Online Short Course and how it helped her get back into making art again after a long hiatus.
Nurture your creativity with tutor Deborah
We hear from Future Creatives tutor Deborah Manson about her passion for natural dye started and how it's informed her own artistic expression.