Tech Yard is back: new dates for summer 2021
Hi! We're Tech Yard - a free, online creative computing club for young people! Why not come and join us if you are:
- local to London Borough of Southwark
- aged 10 - 13
- interested in developing your creative computing skills
We provide free introductory sessions to a broad range of creative technologies - all hosted by a mix of industry professionals, higher education students and recent graduates. We're funded by UAL Creative Computing Institute (CCI) and led by community-focused Creative Technologist Jazmin Morris.
Schedule and details
Tech Yard has been running in the 2021 school holidays and we still have a fantastic summer programme coming up for you running throughout July and August. Check out our previous and upcoming sessions below and sign up!
Thursday 29 July 4-5pm
Louis McCallum (he/him): Introduction to Sound and Technology
Thursday 5th August 4-5pm
Finn Weaver (they/them): Introduction to Digital Interfaces
Thursday 12th August 4-5pm
Ricebox Studio: Telehack: Explore the Internet from 40 years ago
Thursday 19th August 4-5pm
Finn Weaver (they/them) - Drawing with Code
Thursday 26th August 4-5pm
Sara Berkai (she/her) - Introduction to Bitsbox
Find out more and sign up
As Tech Yard is virtual, you will need access to a laptop/computer/tablet and the internet to take part.
To join Tech Yard, please register
- Once registered, you will be able to attend every session.
- Although some sessions are consecutive, we welcome young people at any point and make each session as accessible as possible.
- Introduction to creative machine learning, with Rebecca Fiebrink (she/her)
- Discover how machine learning can be used to create new music and art
- Intro to 3D modelling using LEGO, with Joseph Losper (he/him)
- An intro to 3D modelling and design using digital LEGO!
- Introduction to Arduino with Rocio Rey (she/her)
- Learn how to assemble and code your own personalised LCD greeting card using an Arduino simulator