Theatre Design for 16 to 18 Year Olds Short Course
This dynamic course will enable young students to explore the process of costume design and set design for theatre performance, resulting in finished drawings and a sketch model of a set. You will learn the research techniques necessary to design a suitable setting by analysing a play's text and its characters. You will also be introduced to stage dynamics for the actor and for scenery for various theatre types. Designs will investigate value for money through innovation and creativity.
By the end of the course, students will have produced individual project books and models.
Who should take this course?
This course is suitable for beginners and those preparing portfolios for further study.
Students from a wide range of disciplines are welcome.
Entry requirements: You must be at least 16 and no older than 18 years old.
Please note: This course is for students aged 16 to 18 years old only
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
Digital Credentials (badges and certificates)
Students will receive a UAL Short Courses digital badge and certificate on completion of the course. Digital credentials are a great way to celebrate your accomplishments and stand out from the crowd. Find out more about our digital badges and credentials.
Make an enquiry or call us on 0207 514 7015.
Your tutor will outline the course agenda in detail on day one of your course.
Please bring with you to the first session:
- A3 Sketchbook
- Soft Drawing Pencils (B)
- Colour pencils
- Coloured pastels
- Pencil Sharpener
- Pritt Stick (glue stick)
- Masking tape
- Craft knife
- Tape measure (fabric or DIY)
- Dress making pins
- UHU glue
Meet the Tutor:
A course for teenagers exploring costume design and set design for theatre performance, resulting in finished drawings and a sketch model of a set. Learn research techniques necessary to design a setting by analysing a play's text and its characters.