Confident Copywriting Online Short Course
On this online copywriting course you will learn the craft of creating copy for advertising and marketing communications. Over six online lessons and through your tailored homework assignments, you will learn the basics of writing persuasive copy and give you tips and tricks for coming up with ideas. You will take part in writing exercises and tackle briefs that will open up your writing potential so that you can create copy with confidence.
Whether you are writing for print, web or social media the words you choose and how you put them together can make or break a campaign. Find out how you can use them on this interactive, engaging course.
If you find that your commercial writing style needs to be more effective, standout and individual, as an advertiser or marketer, then this course can help.
Who is Confident Copywriting Online Short Course for?
The course is perfect for those who have been tasked with copywriting, developing a tone of voice or have started writing for themselves or their business
By the end of the course should have;
- Reviewed, edited and improved your own writing
- Boosted your powers of persuasion in writing
- Learnt to write faster and better
- Applied the tools and tricks of the writing trade to your working life
- Answered a real advertising brief with confidence
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Please bring for the first session:
- notebook and pen
- Craft of copywriting
- Types of copywriting - to sell, inspire, or inform
- Working with a brief, and identifying key messages
- The target audience
- Headlines and punchy copy
- Creating narrative - tips and tricks
- Finding fresh and interesting angles
- Names and Endlines - The flotsam and jetsam of the copywriter's art
- Long Copy - Why it ain't dead yet buddy
- Writing for Design - the stuff on the back of cornflake packets
- Writing scripts for TV and the Internet
Meet the Tutor:
This online short course will develop your copywriting skills, increasing your confidence and strengthening your unique style. You will gain practical insight into persuasive writing by working on print, web, social media and other writing forms.