On this online copywriting course you will learn the craft of creating compelling copy for advertising and marketing communications.
Over six lessons and tailored homework assignments, you will learn the basics of writing persuasive copy and gain techniques for coming up with ideas. You will take part in writing exercises and tackle briefs that will open up your writing potential so that you can create copy with confidence.
Who is Confident Copywriting Online Short Course for?
The course is perfect for marketing professionals, freelance writers or small business owners seeking to improve their copywriting skills, develop a tone of voice or learn commercial copywriting for digital and print and mediums.
By the end of the course you will:
- Learn the basics of crafting engaging copy
- Understand the importance of tone of voice
- Be able to adapt your writing for different marketing mediums
- Have reviewed, edited and improved your own writing
- Be able to apply the tools and tricks of the writing trade to your working life
- Work on a real advertising brief
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors teach in plain English. Any special terminology or technical language will be explained
- Live demonstrations of techniques are provided so you can carry them out yourself
- We also provide learning resources for you to access outside of lessons for further learning and to review the things that are important to you
Live interactive classrooms:
- Expect live interaction with your classmates from around the world, our students come from far and wide
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance. However, we always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience
- Certificates are a great addition to your CV
All our online short courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes as our face-to-face courses
- Lesson recordings so you never have to miss a class
- Access to the virtual learning environment with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access to the recordings of the live classroom sessions
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time.
Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
- Craft of copywriting
- Types of copywriting - to sell, inspire, or inform
- Working with a brief, and identifying key messages
- The target audience
- Headlines and punchy copy
- Creating narrative - tips and tricks
- Finding fresh and interesting angles
- Names and Endlines - The flotsam and jetsam of the copywriter's art
- Long Copy - Why it ain't dead yet buddy
- Writing for Design - the stuff on the back of cornflake packets
- Writing scripts for TV and the Internet
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Please bring for the first session: