Confident Copywriting (Online)
This course will teach you the craft of creating copy for advertising and marketing communications. Over six online lessons and through your tailored homework assignments, you will learn the basics of writing persuasive copy and give you tips and tricks for coming up with ideas. You will take part in writing exercises and tackle briefs that will open up your writing potential so that you can create copy with confidence.
Whether you are writing for print, web or social media the words you choose and how you put them together can make or break a campaign. Find out how you can use them on this interactive, engaging course.
If you find that your commercial writing style needs to be more effective, standout and individual, as an advertiser or marketer, then this course can help.
- Craft of Copywriting with apologies to Alastair Crompton
- Headlines and punchy copy
- Creating narrative - tips and tricks
- Names and Endlines - The flotsam and jetsam of the copywriter's art
- Long Copy - Why it ain't dead yet Buddy
- Writing for Design - the Stuff on the back of cornflake packets
- Writing Scripts for TV and the Internet
By the end of the course should have;
- Reviewed, edited and improved your own writing
- Boosted your powers of persuasion in writing
- Learnt to write faster and better
- Applied the tools and tricks of the writing trade to your working life
- Answered a real advertising brief with confidence
Who is Confident Copywriting (Online) for
The course is perfect for those who have been tasked with copywriting, developing a tone of voice or have started writing for themselves or their business
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and over
Why choose an LCC Online Short Course
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience London College of Communication wherever you are in the world. Additionally all LCC Online Short Courses include;
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- LCC Certificate upon completion
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here
Follow Up Courses
After you have completed this course you may be interested in Social Media Marketing (Online).
This course is also available as a classroom course: Confident Copywriting
We also offer bespoke copywriting courses for groups, individuals and businesses. To find out more, visit our Customised Training page or view Right Angles: Copywriting Training case study.
Andrew Imrie graduated from Watford School of Art with a Diploma in Copywriting 35 years ago. During his career he has been a junior copywriter at Lowes, a group head at Euros, and a creative director at JWT. He has also had experience of running two of his own agencies.
In his own words “I’ve learnt how to have those conversations. Which words to use to entice, engage and sell. So let me help you be more confident about the words you use, the tone of voice you need to adopt, the conversations you can have and the communication you should write, so you can sell more successfully across all media and channels, both online and off.”