Illustration Workshop Short Course
By blurring the distinction between illustration and graphic design and allowing type and layout to play an important role, this course will take a broader view of illustration and capture the spirit and enthusiasm of the BA Graphic Design degree course at Central Saint Martins. While there will be the opportunity for some classic illustration and design, you will be encouraged to innovate in your ways of image-making and communication.
The course will emphasise experimentation, the generation of ideas and an awareness of your surroundings. Students will be expected to do a certain amount of work at home as well as practical classroom activities.
The work from this course could be used as part of a portfolio for application to a degree course or professional practice.
Entry requirements: An ability to draw and an interest in illustration.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
This course is scheduled to run on campus in a face to face delivery format. Please note that due to the ongoing pandemic situation this course may be adapted in line with UK government guidance or other operational requirements. This may include changing course location (to another UAL site), cancellation of the course, or moving part or all of the course online. In the event of any changes being required we will inform you as soon as possible and support you in any changes required. Please bear this in mind when making any travel, visa, or accommodation arrangements.
- A Sketch/note book (comfortable size)
- A couple of pencils (selection: 4B - 7B)
- Black fibre pens
- A selection of papers useful for collage (colour texture etc.)
- Glue stick
Meet the Tutor:
Blurring the distinction between illustration and graphic design, allowing type and layout to play an important role, this course takes a broader view of illustration and captures the spirit and enthusiasm of the BA Graphic Design degree course at CSM.