Footwear - Fashion Drawing and Illustration Online Short Course
This practical course will teach you to draw and render footwear. You will learn to sketch shoes and boots, and effortlessly put your designs onto paper. You will learn how to draw variety of footwear from different angles. The course will explore range of different techniques including using double sided art markers and colour pencils for successful rendering.
This course is suitable for absolute beginners and more experienced designers who would like to improve their existing drawing skills.
By the end of the course you will have;
- Develop the skills to draw and render footwear with confidence and effectively communicate and present your design ideas
- Practiced and mastered a range of drawing and rendering techniques
- Produced a body of work that can contribute to a fashion or illustration portfolio
- Received personal feedback on your designs and progress from your tutor
Who Should Attend
This course will be excellent for seeking professional techniques from an industry expert for drawing and communicating footwear illustrations. You may be an aspiring designer, illustrator, prospective fashion student, or simply looking to develop your drawing and illustration techniques for your own enjoyment.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online Short Course Materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Firefox or Chrome)
- The latest version of Java installed on your device
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection via WiFi or ethernet; 2G, 3G or 4G will not be sufficient
Course Specific Materials
- Paper and pen to take notes during live sessions
- Sketching shoes and boots
- Different footwear silhouettes
- Drawing footwear from different angles
- Basic shading techniques
- Highlighting with markers
- Full colour marker and colour pencil rendering
- Rendering leather, patent leather, suede, canvas, fur. lace etc.
Meet the Tutor:
In this online short course, you will learn about fashion drawing and illustration for footwear. You will develop practical skills and techniques that will help your current or future profession or business in footwear.