Fashion Styling: Intensive
If you already have done an introductory short course in fashion styling or if you have had some basic previous experience, this is the right course to consolidate and enhance your skills. It is an intensive intermediate 2 week course covering editorial, commercial and catwalk styling.
You will explore and practice some of the emerging roles that professional stylists play within the fashion industry today. And you will get the opportunity to work with a professional photographer and fashion models to realise your ideas.
Through a series of seminars the tutor will share their first-hand experience of the industry. Talks and discussions will provide you with an insight on current developments such as:
- the fashion magazine market
- the roles of a fashion editor and art directors
- key stylists and photographers
- the London Fashion Week and its designers
- how to identify catwalk trends
Working in small creative teams, students will produce a fashion story pitched at a magazine of their choice.
The course culminates with a group photo shoot at the end of the second week.
At the end students will be asked to present their images as a fashion story layout.
Who should take this course?
- People working in the fashion industry looking to get a better knowledge of styling trends and current professional practice.
- Fashion graduates looking to take the first steps towards building a career in styling.
- Students who have already completed our beginners course and want to take their skills to the next level.
Level: The course is not aimed at absolute beginners. If you are looking for a beginners course, you should take our Fashion Styling for Beginners first.
Entry requirements: Some previous basic knowledge of fashion styling, through either work of previous study, is required.
Please note that all courses scheduled to start before 30 June 2020 will take place in an online classroom. Courses starting after this date will be held in our onsite classrooms.
For more information on Online Short Courses please see the below information.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and olderOnline courses are not available to book on the day they start.
Simone Konu is a fashion stylist from London. She graduated from The University of Nottingham with a Degree in English and also took a keen interest in performance and staging, as well as film. She began assisting several international Fashion Editors and was appointed as junior fashion editor at Ponystep in 2010. From 2011 Simone has been working as a freelance stylist contributing to Sunday Times Style, L'Officiel, ELLE Hong Kong, INTERVIEW Germany amongst other titles. Simone has styled a number of musicians and actors including Arctic Monkeys, Mumford and Sons, Kelly Rowland, Rose Byrne, Sophie Turner, Berenice Marlohe and Daniel Radcliffe.
Kelly-Ann Hughes is a freelance stylist based in London, contributing to titles such as Off Black, Rollacoaster, Interview and Dazed Digital. She has worked within Styling for 7 years where she started out by assisting some of the fashion industries biggest stylists including Clare Richardson, Mel Ottenberg and Katie Shillingford. View her website for more information.
Please bring with you to the first session:
- Digital camera
- Laptop (This is not essential but it's useful to show photos you have taken and present finished work)
- Clothing and accessories that you may want to use when producing a fashion story.
- We will be visiting some markets during the course so please budget for a travel card.
If no dates are showing then please sign up to our mailing list to find out about upcoming dates and new course developments.