Special Effects Makeup for Film and TV for 16 to 18 year olds Short Course
This Special Effects Makeup course for teenagers will teach you how to design your own character makeup whilst developing the practical skills of becoming a Special Effects (SFX) makeup artist. This course teaches you about sculpting, moulding, making and applying your own prosthetics based on your character design, be it casualty, illness, creature skin textures or beauty.
You will learn how to colour and apply your own makeup effects and create a full character to kick-start your portfolio, and begin your journey into becoming a makeup artist in film and TV.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
- Sculpting your flat mould makeup
- Moulding your flat mould makeup
- Making your prosthetic makeup
- Colouring your prosthetic makeup
- Applying wigs and facial hair
- Creating a character makeup with bald cap
- Applying your prosthetic, wig or bald cap facial hair and character makeup
- Professional photographer to take images of your work
Please bring the following items with you to each class:
- A Tailcomb
- Some flat clips
- 157 tool from Tiranti
- Disposable mascara wands
- Sectioning clips
- Bdellium SFX brushes / art brushes and beauty brushes /a chip brush or a toothbrush for flicking on colour.
- Powder puff
- Notepad and pen
- Laptop/ iPad/ tablet
Students are advised to remove any permanent eyelash extensions before the course starts, to ensure they are able to complete full makeup looks.
Meet the Tutor:
This Special Effects Makeup course for teenagers will teach you how to design your own character makeups whilst developing the practical skills of becoming an SFX makeup artist.