Experimental Fashion Drawing Short Course
Do you want to develop your illustrative skills in the field of fashion? This course proposes a variety of approaches to consider when illustrating fashion. Different ways of drawing and seeing the figure will be explored. Emphasis will be placed on injecting movement and expression into the figure and on communicating the essential elements of clothing.
This course should improve students' confidence and ability in drawing. The teaching will encourage students to form their own creative responses.
Who should take this course?
Students of all levels with an enthusiasm for fashion illustration and a desire to develop and practice their skills are welcome.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
This course is scheduled to run on campus in a face to face delivery format. Please note that due to the ongoing pandemic situation this course may be adapted in line with UK government guidance or other operational requirements. This may include changing course location (to another UAL site), cancellation of the course, or moving part or all of the course online. In the event of any changes being required we will inform you as soon as possible and support you in any changes required. Please bear this in mind when making any travel, visa, or accommodation arrangements.
- working from a model
- experimenting with a variety of media
- some classes will focus on collage
- creating mood
- setting and experimentation with the figure and clothes
Please bring with you to the first session:
- A2 or A3 paper
- Soft pencils
- Also a selection of colour materials, which may include for example: oil crayons, coloured pencils, marker pens, watercolour crayons/pencils, soft pastels and brush and ink
During the course you will be encouraged to experiment with different media which may include:
- Oil pastels/crayons
- Coloured pencils
- Marker pens
- Watercolour crayons/pencils
- Soft pastels
- Gouache paint
- Collage materials: glue, scissors, magazine, papers, etc
Meet the Tutor:
This course considers the many approaches to choose from when illustrating fashion. Methods of drawing and seeing the figure are considered, emphasis is placed on showing movement and expression and on communicating the essential elements of clothing.