Innovative Fashion Design with Pattern Cutting Online Short Course
Beginners and intermediate fashion students are invited to join this course focussing heavily on 3D experimentation. You will learn how the most directional cutting edge designs are discovered by working directly on a dress stand. Plus, you'll explore innovative concepts using a variety of abstract research to inspire you to create experimental 3D shapes. You'll understand how inspiration can be found among a variety of sources: historical clothing references, architecture and images gathered from London streets.
Who should take this course?
Anyone interested in developing their fashion design skills, including students thinking of applying to further studies at foundation or degree level.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online Short Course Materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Firefox or Chrome)
- The latest version of Java installed on your device
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection via WiFi or ethernet; 2G, 3G or 4G will not be sufficient
- You will learn how to work instinctively and think creatively in a dynamic fashion school environment.
- You will engage with research through 3D experimentation and drawing.
- A CSM pattern cutting tutor and a sewing technician will assist you in realising your design ideas.
- The course will culminate with the creation of your final piece.
- You will also have a research book documenting all your design development.
Meet the Tutor:
Focussing on 3D experimentation, you will learn how directional cutting edge designs are discovered by working directly on a dress stand, you'll explore innovative concepts using abstract research to inspire you to create experimental 3D shapes.