Fashion Marketing Intensive Short Course
This is an intensive one-week course covering the key elements of our Introduction to Fashion Marketing short course alongside more advanced techniques.
Who should attend?
Beginners. You should have an interest in the subject area and a desire to learn but no previous experience is required.
Please note: this course is for students aged 18 and older.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean
- New methodologies will be explained or demonstrated
- We also offer learning resources for you to access outside of the classroom
All our on campus courses include:
- Networking opportunities and the chance to share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access to the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Access to our college shops for any materials you might need
- The chance to ask questions to your tutor in real time
- Feedback and critique on your assignments
- The opportunity to experience the many sights of London on your down time
All our online short courses include:
- Live and interactive online lessons with classmates from around the world
- The same course content and learning outcomes as our face to face courses
- Lesson recordings, for review, so you never have to miss a class
- Access to the virtual learning environment with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access to the recordings of the live classroom sessions
- The opportunity to ask questions to your tutor in real time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your CV
Topics covered on the course include:
- Analysing the fashion market and its environments
- Fashion marketing research
- Identifying fashion segments and selecting target markets
- The fashion product
- Pricing garments and fashion services
- Integrated fashion communications
- Consumer behaviour
- Fashion marketing planning and determining the strategy
- Differentiating, positioning and innovation in fashion markets
- The fashion calendar and the role of the buyer
- International dimension of fashion marketing
- Marketing luxury products and other contemporary issues
On campus materials
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment to the first class:
- Notepad and pen
To take part in the online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Please also source the following:
- Notepad and pen
Meet the Tutor:
This fashion marketing course is ideal if you want to learn how marketing principles work in the context of fashion.