Fashion Styling And Communication for 16 to 18 Year Olds Short Course
Creative Styling and Image Making are the key visual tools driving the fashion world today. From magazine shoots, catwalk presentation, installations, fashion films and look books designers and photographers work with stylists to create strong relevant fashion images, looks and statements. This course will introduce you to styling, promotion and image making for fashion, examining contemporary magazine shoots, and genres of fashion imaging, and introduce you to further study (Fashion Communication, Promotion and related areas) and career options as stylist or creative director.
- You should leave the course with more confidence in your images making skills for fashion. Experience of visual communication for fashion using a variety of different materials and methodologies.
- Experience of collaborative creative team working
- You will have developed a better understanding of the creative process for
- Having enjoyed generating new work and experimenting with research and
- The course will give you an overview of what makes studying fashion design at Central Saint Martins so
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
This course is scheduled to run on campus in a face to face delivery format. Please note that due to the ongoing pandemic situation this course may be adapted in line with UK government guidance or other operational requirements. This may include changing course location (to another UAL site), cancellation of the course, or moving part or all of the course online. In the event of any changes being required we will inform you as soon as possible and support you in any changes required. Please bear this in mind when making any travel, visa, or accommodation arrangements.
- Working to a brief, you will research, source garments and put together a contemporary visual fashion
- You will document and photograph your work for presentation
- Team working, creativity and originality will be encouraged through a variety of assignments inside the studio and on
- Advice will be given on portfolio preparation for further study at FE foundation and BA Hons degree level.
Please bring with you to the first session:
- Drawing Kit - Pencils, Colour Pencils, Felt tip or Marker pens, Conte or Charcoal
- Camera or hi spec phone with camera (plus film/memory card/batteries)
- Personal laptop (this is not essential but if you do have a laptop please bring it along)
Meet the Tutor:
From magazine shoots to catwalk presentations, designers and photographers work with stylists to create fashion images and looks. This teenagers' course introduces you to styling for fashion, examines contemporary magazine shoots working stylists.