Fashion Trend Forecasting Online Short Course
With the fast-paced nature of modern fashion production, trend forecasting has become a necessary tool to accurately predict the future needs and desires of consumers. It's also a way to generate fresh ideas for fashion brands.
This trend forecasting course will provide you with the tools to research and spot trends, using a range of resources and visual imagery. Discover the importance of the production and retail calendars and understand how they impact trends. Explore the impact of lifestyle influences on fashion trends, from music to the arts, youth culture and social media. This online course will increase your awareness of trends, and their impact on the fashion industry as a whole, and you'll hone the skills to spot them for yourself.
Who is Fashion Trend Forecasting (Online) for
This course will be vital for anyone wanting to learn about fashion trends and how to predict them. It will be useful to a range of individuals who work in, or aspire to work in, the fashion industry, from fashion marketers, to fashion journalists, to those looking to establish their own fashion business.
By the end of this course you will have;
- Learnt to identify a brand's sales model and target customer
- Gained an understanding of how a brand will research trends for it's target customer
- Practised predicting colour palettes from emerging trends
- Developed your own macro-trend proposal
- Learnt how contemporary life and cultural influences are impacting fashion trends
- Gained insight into the roles of street style, bloggers and influencers, how they shape emerging trends, and how they can fit into marketing strategies
- Gained some understanding of the contemporary debates around fashion trends, such as globalisation and cultural appropriation
- Researched trends using moodboards
- Developed an understanding of the main data gathering fashion trend companies, how they operate, and how they affect the business
- Received insider tips from your tutor, an industry expert
- Received personal feedback on your weekly assignments from the course tutor
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time.
Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
- The importance of fashion calendars and seasonal flow
- The impact of colour on design and marketing
- Influences outside of fashion: lifestyle & culture
- Street style, bloggers and fashion influencers
- Defining the consumer and brand appropriate trends
- An introduction to creating mood boards
- A strategic approach to fashion design using data
Online Short Course Materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Firefox or Chrome)
- The latest version of Java installed on your device
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection via WiFi or ethernet; 2G, 3G or 4G will not be sufficient
Course Specific Materials
- Paper and pen to take notes during live sessions
Meet the Tutor:
In this online short course, you will delve into the all-important world of fashion trend forecasting, covering everything from trend spotting to lifestyle influences.