Promoting Sustainability in Fashion Online Short Course
This course is an introduction for fashion marketing professionals and strategists as well as fashion sustainability activists to the increasingly important trend towards fashion sustainability. The course covers promotion opportunities, the changing consumer, and risks and issues through the value chain.
During the course you will explore critical approaches to fashion marketing and communications from a sustainability perspective and address the question of whether marketing is hindering or helping tackle the sustainability challenges faced by the industry. This understanding will help you develop more sophisticated sustainability strategies.
Who is Promoting Sustainability for Fashion Online Short Course for?
This course will be invaluable to individuals seeking a comprehensive understanding of sustainability issues, how they are affecting the consumer, and, as a result, the fashion industry. This course will best suit individuals already active in the fashion industry, and some overall knowledge of the industry will be useful to participate fully in the course.
By the end of this course you will;
- Gain a developed understanding of the issue of sustainability in relation to the fashion industry
- Explore if sustainability can create a a competitive advantage for a brand
- Investigate how sustainability issues are being communicated to the public
- Understand consumer attitudes towards sustainability and how this can impact a fashion brand
- Receive tutor feedback on your weekly assignments
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online Short Course Materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Firefox or Chrome)
- The latest version of Java installed on your device
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection via WiFi or ethernet; 2G, 3G or 4G will not be sufficient
Course Specific Materials
- Paper and pen to take notes during live sessions
- Introduction to global sustainability challenges and fashion sustainability.
- Circular economy and sharing economy
- Business structures and business models
- What sustainability issues are being covered, using what channels?
- Marketing communications: tools and challenges
- Greenwashing and Green hushing
- Sustainability as a point of differentiation
- CSR marketing and how it effects brands in crisis situations.
- Efficiency vs. effectiveness
- Changing consumer demand
- How sustainability is being framed
Meet the Tutor:
This online short course covers the all-important topic of fashion sustainability. You will deepen your understanding and create more sophisticated sustainability strategies. You will gain hands-on experience by creating a fashion brief.