Starting An Online Fashion Retail Business (Online Short Course)
Do you dream of starting a small business and becoming an entrepreneur? Do you have an exciting business idea for a retail website but you’re not sure where to start? This online course will show you the tools you need to launch a successful ecommerce business.
While many traditional retailers are struggling, ecommerce business is booming. This course will teach you the ins and outs of the online retail industry, from market research and budgeting, to launching and running your site and utilising social media platforms to promote your brand. You will learn how to create a sustainable business model, considering online fashion industry growth rates and hotspots, market positioning and formulating a brand strategy.
In six methodical sessions you will look at the key areas that will take your idea from conception to customer. You will be taught through weekly interactive online classes in which you will learn how to define your store’s niche, analyse competitors, create an ecommerce business strategy, launch your website and market it into a success.
This course is perfect for anyone who would like to develop a platform for selling clothing they design, or those who would like to create a stronger online presence for an existing boutique. You will finish the course having analysed and assessed the viability of your product, developed an idea of how much it will cost, have confidence to present your plan to others and be keen to start selling!
- Formulating a brand strategy and why personal branding is key
- Online fashion industry growth rates and hotspots
- Website analysis
- Market research and deciding your niche
- Testing your idea for less than £75
- Creating and strengthening your brand identity
- The pros and cons of online retail
- Designing and developing your online retail store
- The power of outsourcing
- Keeping customers happy
- Delivery methods
- The power of SEO and how to rank your online store in Google
- The power of social media marketing
- An introduction to Facebook and YouTube marketing for your business
- Utilising email marketing for your business
- Budgeting (how much it could cost)
By the end of the course you will have;
- Developed a brand strategy
- Decided on your niche
- Gained a good understanding of your competitors
- Knowledge of how to target your customers
- Understanding of how much it will cost to launch your brand
- Started working on the design and development of your online store
Who is Starting an Online Fashion Retail Business? (Online Short Course) for?
This course is for anyone with an idea that they want to learn how to turn into a profitable online retail business. Whether you have studied business and marketing in the past or you are new to the area, this course will help you define your vision and formulate your strategy.
Level: All levels welcome.
Why choose an LCF Online Short Course
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience London College of Fashion wherever you are in the world. The real-time chat sessions are fully interactive allowing you to communicate easily with the tutor at the same time as fellow students. Additionally all LCF Online Short Courses include;
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- LCF Certificate upon completion
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here
Anna Bagchi is a strategic brand manager within the luxury goods & retail industry who understands the business ecosystem and how to implement entrepreneurial solutions to develop brand loyalty.
She is the Commercial Manager for London Contour Experts - a fashion design house and product development consultancy which specializes in activewear & swimwear development for entrepreneurs and influencers, particularly in the growing wellness industry.
Anna consults new business owners, advising on market analysis, brand positioning, digital marketing, sales strategy, range planning and pricing architecture.She also led a brand repositioning for luxury lingerie business Nichole de Carle London, transitioning them from a traditional wholesaler to digital first business.
She has 15 years of luxury experience including time at Harrods, Selfridges, Myla, Monica Vinader and Washington Green Fine Art.
Online Short Course Materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Firefox or Chrome)
- The latest version of Java installed on your device
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection via WiFi or ethernet; 2G, 3G or 4G will not be sufficient
Course Specific Materials
- Paper and pen to take notes during live sessions