Introduction to Lean Manufacturing for Fashion Online Short Course
Lean manufacturing is a set of tools and practices which improve productivity and reduce waste in the garment production process, and is an invaluable skill set for any contemporary designer who wants to reduce cost and work more sustainably in all parts of the supply chain.
In weekly online classes you will look at theory as well as completing practical exercises that apply to your garment manufacturing needs. You will engage your critical thinking in order to reduce waste while enhancing the customer experience and create more environmentally friendly products.
This lean manufacturing course is ideal for people working in garment production at any level. You could be an established fashion designer in search of ways to make your process more sustainable, a production manager, design student or someone who wants to start their own business.
- What is lean manufacturing?
- The history of the lean manufacturing concept
- Principles of lean manufacturing
- Lean Six Sigma Tools
- Lean techniques
- Lean principles VS Six Sigma tools
- Garment production processes from yarn or fibre to the shop floor
- Apply lean techniques and six sigma tools to all processes of garment production
- Practical exercises and examples of how lean manufacturing can be applied to all levels of the market
By the end of the course you will;
- Know what lean manufacturing is
- What are the techniques and tools you can apply to your supply chain
- Assess your production processes
- Determine how and when to apply lean techniques or other tools to improve your supply chain and minimise waste
- Measure your future performance against your previous one based on time and money spent
Who is Introduction to Lean Manufacturing for Fashion (Online Short Course) for?
This course is perfect for fashion designers, students, production managers and people working in garment production at any level. It is particularly useful for anyone who wishes to minimise their environmental footprint and progress into the garment production industry.
Level: All Levels.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older.
Why choose an LCF Online Short Course
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience London College of Fashion wherever you are in the world. The real-time chat sessions are fully interactive allowing you to communicate easily with the tutor at the same time as fellow students. Additionally all LCF Online Short Courses include;
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- LCF Certificate upon completion
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time.
Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
Meet the Tutor:
On this short course you will learn all about lean manufacturing, its principles, its history and how to apply these lessons to garment production. Through this course, you will gain an insight into how you will learn about different lean manufacturing processes and how you can apply them to your own business or design process.