This course will take you through a step by step overview of how to create a fashion business plan. The plan can be used to help guide you through the start of an idea, help to expand an existing brand or provide you with a plan to present to potential investors.
We will cover how to define and research your brand idea, how to entering the market and how to plan an exit strategy. We will also touch on financial summaries.
Each week we will cover each step of the process and look at some examples. Each week the tutor will give feedback on your concept to allow your ideas to develop.
By the end of the course you will;
- Understand the purpose of a business plan
- Have a clear idea about how to define your brand
- Know how to research the information required for your business plan
- Marketing information you need to include
- You will be able to research and write your own business plan
Who is Fashion Business Planning Online Short Course for?
This course is perfect for anyone who has been thinking about setting up or expanding a fashion brand from designers to entrepreneurs. Once you have completed this course you will be able to research and write a business plan for your business.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time.
Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
- Purpose of a business plan
- Defining your business idea
- Customer profile research
- Market research
- Management and operations
- Exit Plan
- Overview of financial plan
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please have the following materials/equipment for the first class: