Running Your Own Fashion Label Online Short Course
This introductory-level course provides a foundational understanding of the fashion industry, essential to anyone hoping to establish their own fashion label. You will gain knowledge of the key factors needed to make a successful fashion business; understanding fashion markets, getting the right team, producing a tight business plan, PR and marketing, and design and production.
Over the course you will conduct your own research, which will help you to develop the vision for your fashion label, and complete a set of exercises to reinforce the skills and techniques you will be taught. By the end of the course you will be able to deliver a presentation to the group outlining your business strategy for your own fashion label.
Who is Running your Fashion Label (Online) for
This course is perfect for anyone who aspires to run their own fashion label but has limited or no experience of the fashion industry. The course will develop your understanding of how the fashion industry works, and provide the first steps to running your own label.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online Short Course Materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Firefox or Chrome)
- The latest version of Java installed on your device
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection via WiFi or ethernet; 2G, 3G or 4G will not be sufficient
Course Specific Materials
- Paper and pen to take notes during live sessions
- Introduction to the fashion business
- Planning in the fashion industry
- Consumer profiles and target customers
- Making a business plan that works
- Handling the financials
- PR and Marketing
- Manufacturing procedures
- The design and production cycle
- Final presentation
By the end of the course you will have;
- Developed a foundational understanding of the Fashion Business sector and how it operates
- Gained an understanding of how a fashion label operates
- Conducted a trend forecasting exercise
- Learnt how to evaluate your business and your competitors
- Made initial plans on how you will finance your label
- Planned ideas for a PR campaign, tailored to your business
- Given a presentation outlining a possible strategy for your own label to the class
- Received feedback from your tutor and advice on how to progress beyond this course
Meet the Tutor:
This online short course covers the factors which go into making a successful fashion label. You will learn key business elements that will boost your confidence. You will get hands-on experience by strategising for your own label.