New Fashion Business Models Online Short Course
This online strategy course will introduce you to the new business models that are disrupting and transforming the fashion industry – essential information for fashion leaders and entrepreneurs who wish to broaden their knowledge of how they can successfully integrate technology into their business.
You’ll develop a holistic view of where the fashion industry is headed, by exploring how the fashion and technology sectors work together and the new opportunities this creates. You will learn about changing consumption habits, the failure of traditional supply chains, the digital native as a consumer, and other factors driving new business models.
Each week you will meet online with your tutor and a small group of fellow classmates, for mini-lectures, discussions, and review of current case studies. The course is highly interactive with lots of opportunity for question and answer. The course also has a practical focus, and each week you will complete an individual assignment which helps you further explore a topic of the course. You will get personal feedback from the tutor on your work.
This course will give you a fresh perspective on the industry today, providing you with knowledge of current technological trends and the models that have become intertwined with fashion in the last 10 years. The digital revolution is reinventing the fashion industry – by the end of the course you will be more confident about plotting your path in this exciting field.
By the end of the course you will have;
- Explored how the digital revolution has impacted the fashion industry
- Gained a good understanding of the relationship between fashion and technology
- Studied the factors driving change within these sectors
- Become familiar with emerging, disruptive business models within the fashion industry
- Produced a business model canvas for your new business idea or concept
- Received personalised feedback from your tutor, an industry professional
Who is New Fashion Business Models (online) for?
This online course is perfect for individuals wishing to gain a practical insight into how fashion interacts with technology. Designed for fashion designers and those aspiring to broaden their knowledge of fashion tech. Great for entrepreneurs seeking to pivot an existing business, those thinking of launching a start-up and retailers who want to understand the impact technology is having. This is a course for individuals who desire to stay ahead of the curve.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
To fully participate in and to complete the course assignments, please make sure you have the following equipment;
- Notepad and pen
- Pencils, sketchbook or paper, eraser, ruler, etc.
- Software to prepare assignments - Powerpoint, Word, Photoshop, etc.
In addition to the materials listed above, you will need;
- A desktop computer or laptop (tablets and phones can be used but some functionality will be limited)
- An up-to-date version of Google Chrome
- A fast and reliable internet connection - a minimum of 1Mbps is required. You can check your network here - speedtest.net
- The fourth industrial revolution
- Analysing the fashion industry
- Digital immigrants vs Digital Natives: how to identify your target audience
- Factors driving new business models
- Current trends in fashion tech
- Personal values driving brand identity
- Changing consumption habits
- New business models in fashion: 4-6 case studies
- An overview of technologies impacting the fashion industry
- Best practice and lessons from failure
- Exploring business ideas
- Create your own business model canvas
Meet the Tutor:
This online short course is an introduction to new ways of operating as a fashion business in the digital era. You'll study technological trends and best practice prior to exploring your own business ideas.