User Experience (UX) Design Online Short Course
Learn how to design delightful user experiences in partnership with designers and communications professionals. This UX design online course is ideal you for you if customers are key to your business and you want to design effectively for them. Learning will be informed by the lean method; you will start by examining users and exploring research techniques, the analysing and integrating user testing at every step of the design, to teach you powerful user experience design skills.
You will learn to sketch web experience working on a live brief, based on existing customer research, and you will also have the opportunity to apply what you have learned to your own projects.
This is a practical course to help you design user-centred experiences efficiently, following lean methods. To get the most out of this course you will be expected to complete weekly homework assignments taking a minimum of 1.5 hours a week.
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Use a lean user experience process
- Plan your user research, choosing when and how to conduct it
- Analyse and use your research
- Research competitors and audit websites
- Create key design assets such as personas and user journeys
- Know the main use interaction design principles
- Sketch a user interface
Who Should Attend
This is ideal for you if you are a designer who wants to develop expertise in this in-demand area. It is perfect if you work as an account manager, marketer or communications professional who works with UX designers.
- Fundamentals of lean UX design and agile processes
- Choosing the right research techniques for your project
- Core user research techniques
- Ways to do competitor research and site audits
- How to create data walls, personas, user journeys
- The basics of scenarios and story boards
- Interaction design principles
- Sketching (pen & paper) user interfaces
Online Short Course Materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine).
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Please bring the following with you on the first day of the course:
- A smart phone or tablet to create your app prototype with
Meet the Tutor:
Learn how to design delightful user experiences in partnership with designers and communications professionals. This UX design online course is ideal you for you if customers are key to your business and you want to design effectively for them.