Wayfinding and Signage Design Online Short Course
Wayfinding and signage greatly impacts how people engage with and experience indoor and outdoor spaces, and is important for architects, designers, and event organisers when planning projects. This course will teach you to plan and create signage and information design that allows a user the best experiences of outdoor events, buildings and exhibitions.
Through a series of short workshops, you will learn to design effective wayfinding strategies, and receive guidance about issuing production information to manufacturers.
By the end of this course the you will have;
- Learnt to identify a wayfinding strategy relevant to a specific space
- Designed a concept for a signage strategy
- Created information graphics for an architectural space
- Know how to prepare information for a manufacturer
- Received industry insights and personal feedback from your tutor
Who Should Attend
This course will be helpful for architects, designers, interior designers, event organizers and graphic designers who want to integrate information design and wayfinding strategy into a building, an outdoor space or an exhibition.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Please bring for the first session:
- notebook and pen
- Wayfinding strategies
- Signage design
- Information design
- Large scale graphics
- Manufacturing techniques
- Production information
Meet the Tutor:
In this online short course you will learn about information design and effective wayfinding and signage strategies. This is a practical course designed to give the best user experience for events, exhibitions and spaces.