Infographics Design Online Short Course
Infographics work visually - conveying complex information quickly, persuasively and in an engaging way. This course takes you through the process of turning your raw data into a compelling visual story which speaks clearly to your audiences. You will learn how to understand your dataset, develop different narratives for different audiences, frame your story in visual form and tailor it to your audience to maximise the impact of your design.
Each week you will be given a different project task to complete in your own time and then, upload the following week for constructive and personal feedback during the live session.
Who is Infographics Design Online Short Courses for?
This course beginner to intermediate level, and is ideal for anyone with information to communicate visually. This course would be of interest to designers who want to develop their knowledge and experience of infographic design. You may also work with information for policy, business, campaigns or be responsible for commissioning design work.
Please note: this course is for students aged 18 and over
By the end of the course you will be able to
- Apply Information Design theory to your designs
- Understand what makes for best practice in Infographics
- Generate your ideas through professional techniques such as wire-framing
- Incorporate narratives into your Infographic designs
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online Short Course Materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Firefox or Chrome)
- The latest version of Java installed on your device
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection via WiFi or ethernet; 2G, 3G or 4G will not be sufficient
Course Specific Materials
- Paper and pen to take notes during live sessions
- History and theory behind Infographic Design
- Narrative and sequence
- Identifying intention
- Charting best practice
- Information Design and hierarchies of information
- Telling stories with data
Please note that this course does not provide instruction in using computer programs and knowledge of graphic design computer programmes is not required to complete the projects.
Meet the Tutor:
In this online short course on infographics, you will learn how to transform data into a visual, compelling story. You will learn how to engage effectively with your audience. You will gain practical knowledge that can be applied to any business.