Introduction to Visual Communication Online Short Course
Visual Communication brings together many different specialist areas, including illustration, typography and photography; we will explore them individually, and see how to put them together for the greatest impact. As well as the creative process, we will look at software and production. A practical assignment will be set, to be discussed next session.
- Principles of design and visual literacy
- Composition and layout
- Using and adjusting photographs and making composites
- Analysis and assessment of visual communication
- Professional workflow and working to a brief
By the end of this course you will have:
- Acquired basic skills to create designs that are impactful and individual
- Been introduced to the Principles of design and disual Literacy
- The ability to analyse visual communication and design
- A better understanding of project development from concept through to production
- Been introduced to how production informs design
- Basic knowledge of the practical use of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
Who is Introduction to Visual Communication (Online Short Course) for?
This course is for anyone who wants to learn about visual communication and its influence on a variety of mediums.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and over
Why choose an LCC Online Short Course
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience London College of Communications wherever you are in the world. The real-time chat sessions are fully interactive allowing you to communicate easily with the tutor at the same time as fellow students. Additionally all LCC Online Short Courses include;
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- LCC Certificate upon completion
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time.
Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises, please have the following materials/equipment for the first class:
- A notepad and a pen
- A modern computer with an up-to-date operating system
- An up-to-date web browser (Google Chrome is recommended)
- A microphone (a headset with microphone/headphones is recommended)
Finally, a good broadband connection is also essential (mobile data 3G/4G or a mobile dongle might not provide sufficient bandwidth).
Meet the Tutor:
Exploring the exciting world of Visual Communication, in its many and changing forms, this course will give you both understanding and practical experience. From posters, packaging and signage, to social media and websites, we will learn how Visual Communication informs the way we see the world, and how you can use it to say what you want to say, in a way that will be heard.