Introduction to Inclusive Design Online Short Course
Inclusive design is about designing your products and services in ways that allow a much wider set of people to use and benefit from them. On this short online course you will learn about inclusive design practices in a range of practical contexts allowing you to satisfy a wider customer base.
You will learn about designing for accessibility and inclusion, participatory design and inclusivity and climate change. You will explore a range of inclusive design principles, accessibility and explore the difference between lead users and extreme users to ensure customers are satisfied.
Each week will start with a lively online workshop and discussion, followed by an individual assignment you will complete during the week by applying the skills to your current projects and situations. The following week the tutor will give personal feedback on your work, and introduce the next techniques and concepts.
This course is perfect for anyone who would like to make their designs and services more inclusive. It’s ideal for designers looking to widen their skill set as well as product managers, charities and public services who would like to understand how to make their services more accessible.
By the end of the course you will have an understanding of:
- Inclusive design theory
- Inclusive design principles
- Lead users and extreme users
- Participatory design
- Inclusive design and climate change
Who is Inclusive Design Online Short Course for?
The course is perfect for UX and service designers looking to widen their toolset. It’s also great for product managers, charities and public services to understand how to create services that are inclusive.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Please bring for the first session:
- Notebook and pen
- Inclusive design
- Stakeholder mapping
- Systems mapping
- Design and emotion
- Participatory design
- Extreme users
Meet the Tutor:
Inclusive design is about designing your products and services in ways that allow a much wider set of people to use and benefit from them. On this short online course you will learn about inclusive design practices in a range of practical contexts